Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, November 14, 2013

I slept in this morning

We've bee on the go a lot lately, so I'm going to post some photos with captions and if you want more details, just ask.


Sunset off our lanai.
Santa Claus is coming to town at the Ala Moana Center.
There's a neat Japanese sweet shop in the Ala Moana Center that sells the most interesting confections.  This is a chestnut paste center surrounded by sweet red bean paste, all covered in a thin layer of Japanese cake.  I wasn't quite ready to pay five dollars for something the size of a doughnut hole.
A flower we saw just hanging out in the park.  Wild colors and forms!
Tuesday night we watched the Hilton Hawaiian Luau show from our lanai.  It was great!
Wednesday, Drew the super nephew picked up up on his day off and took us to the flea market at the Aloha Bowl.  We like to go because there are lots of folks selling 7 t-shirts for $20 so we can afford souvenirs for all our friends.  Poor Drew has been there so often, he is just sick of the place.  But he sucked it up and walked around the whole thing with us!  He deserves medals and kisses and the right to be married to our niece, Lisa.

Here's a lady who sells home-made fruit butters and preserves. Isn't that a pretty display?

I bought more fabric.  I am such a sucker for those pre-cut squares of tropical prints.  We bought t-shirts and shave-ice and another suitcase to ship all our purchases home.  Sometimes I'm smart enough to pack a small suitcase  inside the big suitcase.  Missed it this time.
Then Drew took us on the most expensive stretch of highway in the us.  The H93 was under construction when it turned out that the only place it could go was across some Hawaiian holy ground.  So they built a multi-mile bridge to lift the freeway above the holy ground.  It's a beautiful stretch of road across the center of the Island connecting the Marine base with Pearl Harbor.

From H93, we went up onto the Pali - a stretch of cliffs where King Kamehameha's army drove their opponents to their death and consolidated all the islands under one king.
When I was first in Hawaii I was around five years old and weighed maybe 45 pounds - tall, skinny kid.  Our guide warned my folks not to let me get too near the edge, because the winds were so strong on the Pali that they could pick me up and blow me away.  The wind does get pretty strong up there, but probably not THAT strong.
Here's my fabric stash.  Tropical and Asian print fat quarters, strips, squares and yardage.  I'm having wayyy too much fun!
Because it was ass-watch Wednesday.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:16 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I think that flower is a false bird of paradise. The Pali lookout looks beautiful

     
  • At 7:38 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I KNEW we would see a nice tight ass!

     
  • At 12:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The flower is a Heliconia. The ass-watch would fit in well the a Keola and Kapono Beamer song titled Sweet Okole.

     
  • At 4:39 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Gorgeous fabrics. They'll be fun to work with when you are in the grey of mid winter. And nice fabric on the ass, too.

     
  • At 4:59 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    The fabric acquisition is wonderful!

     
  • At 5:06 AM , Anonymous benita said...

    Lovely fabric!! And I love how they made the bridge over their holy ground. I approve!

     
  • At 5:09 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Sunset view is lovely. It sounds like you're having a wonderful time!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home