Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, November 09, 2013

Sealed with a kiss


We went for a walk on Friday morning, and on the beach near us we saw - something. A big, silvery, blubbery something that had been fenced off with stakes and ropes and caution signs.











Monk Seals are PROTECTED. There were a number of volunteers at the site to keep the idiots, illiterates, and little kids from running up and pestering the poor critter.
















This is as close as we could get.  It certainly seemed to be enjoying the sunny snooze on the sand.

Poipu is truly a magical place.  We also saw at least 8 sea turtles feasting on the rocks.  I have lots of photos of water where a sea-turtle had just stuck up his head, and water where, if you look really carefully and know what you're looking for, you can sort of see a kind of shape that almost looks like a turtle.



I scored about zero for the rest of the day when it comes to photos.  We went zip lining, and I got so excited that I forgot to be a do bee and share with my friends.  Maybe Kyle has some pictures.  I was just being mad with joy and with flying through the gorgeous scenery and screaming like a gleeful banshee.  I do apologize.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Sometimes it's a good thing to drop (metaphorically speaking) the camera and just joyfully experience what is happening.

     
  • At 11:04 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    I agree with the comment above but it's sometimes hard to do for a blogger. So happy for you that you're having so much fun that you were able to forget about it. Weeeee! :-D That is a very chubby seal! Must have been fun to see. Those turtle heads are so fun to spot too. Did Bucky get to go along on this trip? Keep on havin' a fun! :-D

     
  • At 9:51 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    The seal definitely looks relaxed. Keep enjoying every minute. Cats re fine.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home