Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, November 11, 2013

First day in Oahu

The flight from Kauai to Oahu was blessedly uneventful, in spite of the buckets of rain washing over us.  We bid adieu to Lydia and Harry, and found our way to the Ilikai hotel and our condo.  Our niece, Lisa and her wonderful husband Drew live in Honolulu.  My Uncle Bud and his wife Betty also Live in Honolulu, and his daughter, my cousin Julie and her husband Dave were arriving on a cruise for a one day stay on Oahu.  We got the family together at the Ilikai Hotel and had drinks, then snacks, then, as the evening progressed and the conversation became more relaxed, we ordered dinner and enjoyed the sunset. It was a wonderful, wonderful time.  It's been 30 years since I last saw Julie.
Sunrise on November 11 from our lanai.  I sat out there at 6:30, barefoot in my nightshirt, and I was Comfortable!  I do love life in the tropics.
Our room faces west.  Here's the view over the ocean.  Kyle really scored us some awesome places to stay!  He researches stuff for days till he finds just the right place.  This studio condo is beautifully appointed and up on the 11th floor so the view is awesome, and we should be safe from tsunamis.
We stopped at Goofy's for breakfast and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  Kyle had cinnamon french toast with grilled pineapple.  I had an omelet with basil, corn, feta cheese and spinach.  It made me STRONG!  After breakfast, we walked from our Hotel to the Walmart behind the Ala Moana shopping center.  We passed this pretty bridge in the Ala Moana park  on our way. We bought bottled water and tomato juice, and some laundry detergent. Then we loaded it into our backpacks and hiked the 1.5 miles back tot he hotel.  What a good workout!  After about an hour of rest, I got to craving a salad for lunch, so we walked another 1.5 miles in the other direction to Duke's Canoe Club and feasted on salads.  After a brief tour through the International Marketplace, we hiked back.  I've done over seven miles today.  Yay for me!!  Now I'm going to rub some more lineament on my knees.  Happy days!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:37 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I am glad that you are having such a relaxing time. I assume Sunday is the return to reality and lovely, beautiful, colorful, sweet-scented Oregon.

     
  • At 4:36 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    What a beautiful view. It seems strange to me to know people who actually live in Hawaii. Somehow from way over here, it just seems like a tourist destination like Disneyland. It's so preternaturally beautiful it's hard to believe it's a real place.

     
  • At 5:01 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Great view!

     
  • At 5:21 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    That IS a lot of walking! Enjoy some down time-did you bring knitting?!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home