Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, November 05, 2013

My body is still working on West Coast Time so I rolled out at 5AM and toddled out onto the lanai.  Oh My God!  Stars!  They have stars like we used to have when I was a kid!  Thousands and thousands of big bright shiny stars all over the sky.  Took my breath away!  So I stood out on the lanai in the balmy November morning, gazing in awe at the magnificent stars, and listening to the early roosters.  Then the garbage truck rolled up, and the husky young men leapt off, snatched the bins, heaved the trash, flung the bins back sort of where they got them, and leapt back onto the running boards of the truck.  Varoom. the truck roared away.  Boy, after that, ALL the birds were awake.  Doves and pigeons and chickens - everyone had something to say.

So I popped inside, had a cup of tea and a bowl of fruit salad, and the sun came up, just in time for our morning rainbow.  This place is Paradise!
After everyone else woke up, we decided to spend the day at a beach.  The condo is equipped with beach chirs, fins and snorkels, big towels, beach umbrellas and a cooler. so we loaded the cars and drove toLihue for breakfast at Danni's restaurant.  Wonderful food and good prices.  We were the only tourists there, and the place was packed.  I had the kalua pork omelet.Kyle had the Loco Moco - hamburger steak and rice with gravy.  After breakfast we headed for Kanapali beach, unloaded and got ourselves set up.  I trotted down to the ocean and hopped right in.  We had not bothered to check out local conditions first.  The waves were breaking right at the shore's edge. ( Now, in Oregon, if you wade in the ocean for five minutes, you lose contact with your feet because the water is so cold.  No one swims in the ocean in Oregon, so I didn't know anything about "Dangerous breaks.")  I had a marvelous time bobbing around in the water, then, when I tried to get out, the waves knocked me ass over teakettle. I had the key to the condo on a stretchy bracelet.  The water sucked it right off my arm, stole my hat, and knocked my boob  out of the top of my swimsuit.  I retrieved the boob and the hat, but the damn key was gone - freaking GONE!  I managed to fight my way up onto the shore and told Kyle what happened.  He put on a mask and snorkel and went searching for the key.  I got a mask and snorkel and joined him.  We searched and searched.  I prayed for help.  Kyle gave up and headed for shore, but I made one more sweep.  Then, with my ears under water, I thought I heard a ruckus.  Lifting my head, I looked toward shore and there stood Kyle with the key and stretchy bracelet in his hand.  Hoorah!

So here is Kyle and Harry on the beach.  Harry, being a retired policeman, is allergic to photographs.

We hung around for about five hours until breakfast wore off, then walked across the street to a tasty Mexican restaurant for lunch. Afterwards, I wanted to poke around the nearby shops.  Hey, hey, I found the Twisted Turtle's Yarn Shop. (twistedturtles@live.com) and even though I have more yarn than I can possibly knit up in my entire lifetime, I succumbed to the lure of the 50% off table.  Oh well.  Blame it on the margarita.

Back to the condo, a quick shower.  I had enough sand in my swimsuit to build a small castle.  It was in places - well, if I were an oyster, I could have given birth to pearls.  (TMI, Roxie)  Anyhow, I was immensely grateful for clean fresh water and soap.  Then we went for a walk along the beach and watched the sunset.  Life is good, life is good, and time spent with Kyle is always an investment in joy!

Tomorrow, we are going tubing the ditch.  I'll all you allll about it.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:47 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I double dog dare you to catch Harry off guard and get a good photo of him!!

     
  • At 4:50 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    A day at the beach sounds like heaven.
    I saw Guy Whatshisname make loco moco on television. It looked like a very odd dish but he claimed it was "the best thing ever". It sounds like you and Kyle are having such a good time.

     
  • At 4:58 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    What a fun day. Glad the key was found.

     
  • At 6:51 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    A great day complete with yarn!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home