Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, November 02, 2013

Those jack-o-lanterns

Here they are, the morning after.  Using this technique, you can do very intricate designs.  And today, (sniff) they go into the yard debris can because carved out pumpkins begin to collapse and moulder so soon!  Once they reach the gooey stage, they're too far gone to lift.  Then you just have to wait till the grey, hairy mold consumes them. Better they should go quickly to the compost.

They were different varieties of pumpkins this year.  One was very hard-skinned with thick meat.  One was tender-skinned, and the third was kind of like a spaghetti squash on the inside - very stringy and yellow fleshed.  I almost want to bake it an see how it turns out.

From the top, Norwegian Forest Cat, Genie, and happy cat.  I have used the  happy cat  stencil for years.
We had over forty trick-or-treaters by the time we brought in the pumpkins and turned out the lights.  My favorite was a tiny dinosaur, just barely able to stand up by himself, who was totally befuddled by the whole thing.  He tried to give me candy.  His mom made sure to get one of our full-sized candy bars.

I ate ONE candy bar - a Snickers.  Oh, that first bite was divine!  By the time I was half-way through it, I was sugared out.  You really need to get into training for these high-fructose holidays.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:06 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Great carving job on the pumpkins. They look great! I especially like the kitties. I can't handle much sugar either...I'm way out of training! lol Not sure I could even handle one of those mini candy bars. Have a great weekend!

     
  • At 11:46 AM , Anonymous Sandy O' said...

    Wow! Pumpkin Picasso!! We hide out for Halloween night. My teeth hurt just thinking about all that sugar! Have a good weekend!

     
  • At 12:43 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Cool pumpkins! I used to do that kind of thing after Clay and Jimmy had cleaned them out. I do not like removing pumpkin guts. Yech!
    Now I discovered that at Michael's they will use the fake but real looking pumpkins and carve whatever design you want into them! Discovered too late! They would last forever!

     
  • At 6:40 AM , Blogger Indigo Roth said...

    Hey Roxie! These are fantastic! =) Hope you had a fabulous Halloween! Indigo x

     
  • At 7:08 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    Great pumpkins! I don't have the patience for all of that carving but love to look at yours :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home