Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, August 01, 2013

Still being bugged

The Advantage, although spendy, worked a treat and the cats are so much happier!  We will load them into the RV and do a second bombing to get the eggs this weekend.  In the meantime, though, I was sleeping quite contentedly when a flea hopped into my ear.  Truth!  Swear to God.  The little bastard twitched and kicked and tap-danced on my tympanic membrane, well beyond reach of the most vigorously applied q-tip.  Finally, driven mad with distraction, I vaguely remembered a topical cure for swimmer's ear that involved the application of alcohol, so I poured a few drops of rum into my ear.   Noise and movement ceased.  I held my head tipped to the side for several minutes to make sure the critter was well and truly drowned.  I did NOT want it waking up with a nasty hangover.  When I tilted the other way and let the rum run out, I didn't find any tiny corpse, but I wasn't wearing my glasses. Still, no more ruckus, and really, that was all I wanted.  What happens to stuff trapped in the ear canal?

Today has been one of those refreshing mid-summer rainy days.  It smells so clean and green and wholesome outside.  And it's still warm enough to sit out under shelter with a cup of hot tea.  It's good to be alive.

When my Aussie friends post photos in December and January of the summer they are enjoying, I just relish it.  So, now that I have summer and you don't shall I return the favor?

3 Comments:

  • At 9:37 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    A Flea in the ear! Wow! Ouch! Glad you drowned him so he would not drive you mad!

     
  • At 7:13 AM , Blogger sophanne said...

    I know the flea woe of which you speak. I once put Sargent's collars around my ankles because I had to wait until I had $$$ for flea treatment ( young and stupid episode 456.)

    The math job is at a private university, a three credit course costs $2400. They wwill be " well-heeled" delinquents. With all of the happy joy, I'm going to make them all understand and love the many lives of x, I'd forgotten the reality of the situation. It will be interesting to see what happens.

     
  • At 3:37 PM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Glad to hear the fleas are subsiding.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home