Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

And a couple of pictues

 The walk we took on Saturday was a "Teddy bear trot" for the purpose of helping the county sheriff's department collect soft toys to give to children who are collateral damage during arrests, car accidents, domestic disputes, and other police business.  It helps to have a friendly bear to hold onto when everything around you is scary.  The officers always have a few stuffies in the trunk, along with the body armor and the shotgun.  By the time we finished our walk, there were twice as many brave, calm, forgiving soft toys.  I think this is such a human thing to do, and helps the officers make positive contact with the little ones.  Must have been a parent who came up with this idea.

 Our local butcher shop has a variety of salts for sale.  Himalayan pink salt, Hawaiian black salt, Dead-sea salt, rosemary flavored salt, habanero salt, pig salt.  Bacon-flavored pig salt.  I just had to get a photo.  What next?
On Monday, DH was using up a vacation day that they weren't going to reimburse him for, so we took a little five mile round-trip walk down to Bob's Red Mill where I picked up a couple of pounds of oat groats (my breakfast of choice though not widely available.)  On the way down, we passed one of those cement walls put up as a sound barrier between busy streets and quiet neighborhoods.  DH noticed the shelf fungus on the tree trunk, and I just had to get a picture.  I didn't notice the eye-like knot above the fungus till I looked at the picture later.

I carried the groats half of the way back, then DH took pity on me and carried them all the weary, long, uphill slog to the house.  He's so good to me!  We are planning lots more walks now that he is retiring.  Want to come with us?

3 Comments:

  • At 7:43 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    You are going to love retirement together. Lots and lots of walks. We'd come with you if 1. we were retired too, and 2. if we still lived in Portland :)

     
  • At 10:50 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Bacon flavored salt!!!!!
    UGH!

     
  • At 10:49 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I wanna come walking with you! Take me! Take me!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home