Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, February 22, 2013

A little eye-candy from the cruise.  It got cooler as we sailed north, bit the basket chairs remained prime property.  This young Italian staked out his chair and maintained possession all day Friday.  Doesn't he make this chair look like a place you would love to cuddle?

We have a little weather system moving in.  NOTHING like the storm that is harrowing the heartland, though.  Just some wind and rain and maybe, just maybe, a little snow on the valley floor in the wee hours of the morning, Saturday.  I plan to sleep through it all.  But no walks outside for me today, so I have to gird my loins for the treadmill tedium.  Boy, life is rough!

Yesterday I was watching the Masterpiece Mysteries we had recorded.  Excellent Agatha Christie stories with Hercule Poirot (SP?) and between that and Downton Abbey, I was greatly taken with the knitwear of the period.  White sleeveless v-neck vest with cables and just a bit of color at the neck for playing Cricket.  And every man seemed to have different cable patterns.  I kept rewinding to study them.  (Can you imagine the charm of everyone wearing white for a party?  Hmm - I may consider it.)

And the FairIsle vests were brilliant!  They even went with the personalities.  Strong colors and intricate work for the dashing young men, muted colors and simpler patterns for the more staid and sober gents.  And genuine FaireIsle patterns. The costumers really know their work!

The women also got their share in the comfy big cardigans they wore.  I wanted to grab a few and take notes.  Look how that pocket lies.  How did they manage that collar?  Somebody killed the vicar, but I'm not sure who.  I was paying more attention to the knitwear.

Anyhow, as I was absorbed in this, the time flew, and suddenly, DH was walking in the door, sent home early for lack of work. And there I am still in my bathrobe.  I did, however, manage to knit most of a short-finger glove for him as I was absorbed by the stories.

Wishing warmth and safety to all my friends facing the blizzards.  May you have many candles handy and no car trips to do.  May the crisis be so short that you don't need to break into the emergency rations, and may your woolies be warm and soft.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:12 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Your brain must have absorbed many knitting ideas! It would be fun to have one of those cabana chairs to use in the backyard!

     
  • At 12:40 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I know what you mean about the knitted clothes in the various series. I'm always telling the hubs to "STOP! I want to see that [name knitted item] again!"

     
  • At 5:18 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I so hear you on the watching the knitwear. I do that also.

     
  • At 10:41 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I liked the idea of everyone in white, too. I kept imagining a garden party in the yard with ladies in flowy dresses and men in white trousers and shirts. It would be romantic and decadent and so picturesque.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home