Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, March 14, 2013

belated tea party report.

As ever, Knitting was grand fun!  Here's the cake: gingerbread with lemon curd and yogurt.  Next time, I'll make two cakes, so people can have bigger slices.

















Top layer, brownie bites with buttercream frosting and  red-hots (I love cinnamon and chocolate)
Second layer, rosemary orange shortbread, and fish-shaped cookies with bacon-flavored frosting. The bacon fish were VERY well received!



I wove this wall-hanging several years ago.  I made a nice piscean table-runner.  I'm trying signs of the zodiac for themes this year.












A place setting with a goodwill plate, an estate sale cup and saucer, and a birthday present napkin.  I do love an eclectic table.
Another place setting.  The pressed glass teacups seemed so aqueous.
Cake pops.  bake cake.  Cool.  Crumble it between your hands.  Mix in frosting, shape into balls, stick in a lollypop stick and freeze.  Buy some candy melts, melt them, and cover the frozen cake and frosting balls.  Serve.  I took the leftovers across the street where the neighbors were working in their yard.  I explained that I was trying to get the calories out of the house and asked if anyone would be interested.  The middle-aged man I spoke to smiled broadly and said, "Oh, yes.  BOYS?"  Five pre-teen lads appeared from the backyard and poof - the cake pops war gone!  The middle-aged man and the boys don't live there, they were just there to help with the work.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:36 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Pretty dishes!

    Rosemary orange shortbread sounds interesting. I've never thought of combining those two flavors. How was it?

    It's always nice to find excited takers on left over treats. Sounds like they were pretty excited to take those pops off your hands.

     
  • At 4:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The Pisces theme came off smashingly. I adore the blues and greens. You are truly the hostess of the universe and I'm sure those strapping lads working accross the street will be eager to come work near you again.

     
  • At 6:56 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    What a beautiful feast of flavors. I can feel the blood sugar rising just reading about it.

     
  • At 12:45 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    brownie bites with buttercream frosting and red hots!!!!! YUM!!!!

     
  • At 5:02 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I love red hots. They're one of my favorite things to decorate Christmas cookies with. That little bite of cinnamon. Mmmm.

    Someone gave me a lemon and lavender donut the other day. I was a bit leery of it but it was a wonderful flavor. Lavender tastes just like it smells. I'm going to try making lavender butter cookies.

    The zodiac theme is inspired! I love the watery blues and greens for Pisces.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home