Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, March 02, 2013

Caribbean friends


On the cruise, when we got to Grand Cayman, a bunch of us chartered a small yacht and motored out to Stingray City.  Here you see our raffish band assembled at the prow.  I am the silver head right behind the guy in the blue t-shirt front and center.  It was a raucous crew, and the brew flowed freely.  
When we got to the sandbanks that are Stingray City, we all got out, and with greater or lesser anxiety, we confronted the friendly stingrays.  Lisa put chunks of squid down the front of her swimsuit to bait the shy creatures into her embrace.  When they suck the squid out, it tickles!







Since I burn so fast, I was wearing a long-sleeved shirt with a high neck.  this prevented the squid in the bra trick, so I had to rely on my personal charm.  The guy at the right side of the picture is the marine biologist who was our guide.  He knows all the stingrays by their first names and they love him.  So he coaxed "Sprinkles" up to dance with him, then let me cut in for a few steps. "Sprinkles" left me and swarm right back to him.  Guess I'm not her type.



After playing with the stingrays, we went and snorkeled over a coral reef that was chock full of fishes and even a couple of eels.  This golden tail eel was quite shy, but the marine biologist tempted him out with some more squiddy bits.  It was enchanting!  I could have stayed out there till sunset, just watching the fish.  But we still had to go to the picturesque Starfish Cove.




So here are the belles of the beach, Lisa and her relations.  I think the gal at the left is Lisa's husband's sister.  Then cousin Cheri, Lisa, Auntie Roxie, Cousin Brenda, And cousin Linda.  Cheri, Brenda and Linda left their husbands at home and did a girls' cruise.  They had fun every minute!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:52 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    The underwater shot was so clear and colorful! The camera worked quite well!! Loved seeing you enjoying the stingray affection!

     
  • At 9:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a dream vacation! The sunshine, water, wildlife... it's all just perfect.

     
  • At 4:43 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    God, that looks gorgeous! I was mourning the passing of winter (with no real snowfall) but I think I will now turn my face toward the sun and anticipate Spring.

     
  • At 5:18 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    What a awesome time!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home