Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Oz, the Great and Powerful

Last week, DH and I joined MJ and RW for dinner and a movie.  At Cinetopia, they have a theater with big, cushy seats and footstools, and you can order pub grub, wine, and beer, and enjoy it with the film.  Like a living room with Dolby surround sound.  We saw Oz, the Great and Powerful, and it was enchanting.  I was ten minutes into the first part in Kansas where they were establishing charactersand basic back-story, before I realized it was filmed in blackened white, just like the original Wizard of Oz with Judy Garland.  And when Oscar (Oz) arrived in Oz, the colors were so vivid, lush, brilliant that you could almost taste them.  I thoroughly enjoyed the movie itself, and admired the way it functioned as a prequel to the original.  The Caesar salad, white wine, and buttered popcorn was great, too.  And the big cushy seats - ahhhh!  Yes, it was more expensive than going to a regular theater, but it was so totally worth it!

Yesterday, DH and I took another Volkswalk.  We did 5 km in Tigard for those of you who know the Portland area.  Much of the walk was along a wetland, and it was just enchanting.  Geese were coming and going on the creek, bushes were beginning to leaf out, forsythia and current bushes were in bloom, and birds were in a frenzy of courtship serenades.  The smells, the colors, the sounds, the feel of the cool moist air on my exercised flushed cheeks, oh my gosh it was exhilarating!  And some wit had printed up old limericks, put them in plastic sleeves, and taped them up with the signs indicating where we should turn.  "There was a young lady from Kent, whose nose was most terribly bent.  One day, we suppose, she followed her nose, because nobody knows where she went."

Happy St. Pat's day!



5 Comments:

  • At 3:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love Cinetopia off of Mill Plain, but I'm not too keen on the Vancouver Mall location. I've never been to the one in Beaverton. We seldom go to movies, so it's worth the extra money to not have to worry about squeezing past someone to go to the bathroom, or having someone tall sit in front of you. Amber went to see Oz this afternoon. I love hearing reviews from friends before deciding what to see (or not). The limericks on your walk sound delightful.

     
  • At 8:38 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Sounds like a cool place! Do they have a very extensive menu?

     
  • At 5:00 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I want to see that movie but you are the first person I've heard say anything about it. I'm glad it's as good as I imagined it would be.

     
  • At 5:30 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    That movie is on our list of things to see. Hmmm... I wonder what Scott is doing next Sunday... :)

     
  • At 7:29 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Most of the time, I'd rather buy the movie and watch it at home.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home