Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, February 10, 2013

First day at sea


This morning we got up at 5:30 and walked 3 miles.  And since we refuse to use the elevators, we got in 28 flights of steps as we wandered around the ship.  And THEN we had breakfast.
But it was SO neat walking around the top deck from 6 to 7 AM because it was dark with stars when we started, but every time we made another lap  around to the East side, there was more light and color in the sky.  And then the clouds began to take on a little color.  The horizon started to rosy up.  The clouds to the west began to lighten, then to glow pink.  And finally, through a crevice in the clouds, the sun shot out happy and yellow and the water turned blueblueblue and I wanted to dance and sing with the warm breeze under my t-shirt and the light of my life by my side. 
As we walked, we discussed those little dwarves that live inside us – the endwarfins (endorphins) that get all excited and make us feel so good when we walk.  I think old, cupid has a little to do with it, too, because I have good walks with my girlfriends, but I never want to grab them and kiss them and hug them all over.  I know, 62 should not get flirty and smoochy in public, but my heart is still about 18 when I’m around DH, and the heart does what the heart will.
This is a day at sea.  We are planning on doing damn-all.  There is an adults-only lounge area with hammocks and secluded basket chairs and comfy lounges.  Or we might hang out on our balcony.  The temp is about 78, with a light breeze and big fluffy white clouds.  DH saw the first flying fish at 8:06 this morning.  Oh my gosh, life is glorious!!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    As much as I dislike getting up early, this is one of the few activites I don't mind...watching the sun rise and change the day. Your description made me trail behind you enjoying the view, too. Thank you. Have a pretzel and drink something pineappley for me. Enjoy the day. We missed you on Saturday.

     
  • At 5:03 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Let old Cupid do his thing. Just because the body is 62 doesn't mean the rest of you has to be. Enjoy the trip!

     
  • At 10:43 AM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    So happy for you and DH; long may you smooch! And also, I'm GLORIOUSLY happy that I've checked three times and it's NOT your ship that had the fire and power outage. Glad you are safe.....

     
  • At 12:05 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Did you tell your ship mates, "If the ship starts rockin', don't come knockin'."
    LOL
    I woukd say HAVE FUN but I am sure you will.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home