Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, December 06, 2012

Love this country!

On Wednesdays, MJ and I meet for breakfast, then go to her house and sew comforters.  She lives out in the country, and last Wednesday we had a low-lying fog that was breaking and burning off as we drove to her house.  It was magical!  The light came streaming down, making the trees throw almost solid shadows into the mist.  As we got higher up the hill, the last shreds of fog settled in silvery pools in the low spots.  I rounded a corner and saw two goats and a young pig playing tag in a field. And then a huge skein of geese flew overhead, braying their traveling songs.  The air was cool and wet, the sunlight was fresh and low angled, and the whole day was filled with promise and possibilities.  We got a baby comforter finished, and the basic plans for another one begun.  It was a fruitful morning!!

Today, I went to the dermatologist.  I get to keep all my skin!  Well, there is that little bit they want to snip off, but the doc said I could take it home in a jar of alcohol, so that counts, right?  It's not cancer - just geriatric stuff.  When I was twenty, no one warned me about benign cysts and skin tags and sebaceous keratomas and stuff.  Living with this certainly is better than NOT living, though, so I'm not complaining.

The staff at the doctor's are the nicest people!  At zero in the morning, I, as their first patient of the day, got cheery, energetic hellos and smiles from everyone.  I do like Kaiser!

Tomorrow, DH will drive, and I will ride along calmly and quietly, as we head over\ the pass to my niece's wedding in Sisters.  I hate snow, and won't cross the pass in winter for anything but a wedding or a funeral.  Thank dog that DH is a wonderful driver and totally unfazed by that freezy skid stuff!

So, as long as we will be there in person, I may as well bake up a batch of cookies to carry with us (and maybe bribe the tow-truck drivers if we get in trouble,)  Wish us well.

9 Comments:

  • At 3:51 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Good luck on your trip It should be a pretty drive. I know people who love the snow, and I did when I was 20. Now I'm with you, don't have to, won't drive in the slippery stuff.

     
  • At 4:11 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    Sending love and prayers for travelling mercies!

     
  • At 7:03 PM , Anonymous Janette said...

    Have a fabulous trip. Enjoy the wedding and don't eat too many cookies on the way. Remember, you've got to fit into your dress when you get there! xx

     
  • At 8:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hope you enjoy a safe trip over the mountains and through the woods. I'm pleased as punch to hear about your glowing epidermal coating. Cookies are always good on road trips. Cheers!

     
  • At 8:49 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I pray there will be no icy stuff and a clear path to and from as you travel.

     
  • At 4:38 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I love fog that burns off mid morning. It changes the quality of the light and makes it feel dream-like.

    Have a safe trip and enjoy the wedding. Bring some calming knitting to keep you from watching out the car windows as you go through the pass.

     
  • At 4:57 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I adore fogs and used to wander all over the fields and woods when I was a kid in them. I'll bet yours was a lovely sight, indeed.

     
  • At 5:17 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Enjoy the trip!

     
  • At 11:51 AM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Have a good trip over the mountains. It is always good NOT to be the designated driver - at least when you trust the person who is.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home