Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I have such wonderful friends!

Tim asked me why my scarf has a nose.  He sent me the picture, as he sees it.  I laughed and laughed.  Tim's an artist with a bright view of the world.  Thank you, Tim.

http://timstravelplace.blogspot.com









And if you don't usually read Murr's posts, check out this one.  http://murrbrewster.blogspot.com

Scroll back through their posts for more brightness.  I do.

We have been deluged lately,(raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock) and I have been seeking brightness.  To my surprise, I find a lit candle is deeply comforting.  The gift of fire is under-appreciated in this electric age.  (Until the power goes out, that is.)  And yet, right down on a primitive level, we respond to flame.  It fascinates.  It gives us a measure of control over our environment.  I am thankful for my bucket of candles, because, lately, I always have one burning.  Put a mirror under it, and get twice the light!

And last, but certainly not least, Becky has been purging the stash, and sent me two boxes of fabric that she bought in West Africa several years ago.  She started a quilt, then put it away.  Now, I get to finish it and donate it to Medical Teams International with the suggestion that they send it to the AIDS orphanage in Africa to complete the circle.  Pictures when it's finished.  She has a splendid eye for color and design!

Really, I have the most wonderful friends.  Thanks for stopping by!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:54 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    That's funny! I could see my hubby doing something like that too.

    That's neat about the candles and how it's helping cope with the over abundance of rain. I've always found it interesting how we're so drawn to staring at a flame. Yay for candles!

     
  • At 9:11 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...


    Thanks for the post.

    I think hundreds of thousands of years watching the fire, telling stories and sharing food, has trained us to find comfort in small fires. They hold back the bogeys.

     
  • At 6:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Now that he's shown us the eyes, I can't imagine it any other way! I adore candles, unfortunately, so do the other critters in my house, so I can only light them if I have no plans to use the restroom, etc. in the near future. Happy Thanksgiving!

     
  • At 10:23 PM , Anonymous Patricia Lichen said...

    It's a manta ray!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home