Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, November 19, 2012

Get it while you can

Yesterday was clear and sunny, and I took myself out for a five mile walk because this is November in the Willamette Valley, and God only knows when we will see sun again.  It was GOOD!  The wind was right chilly, but that blue sky just pops the top on my can of joy. It opens my heart.

I am surprised at how far I can walk now.  Used to be that a mile was about my limit.  Now, I am setting goals further and further away.  Can I get a cup of tea there?  Well, that'll be a great excuse for a walk.

Unfortunately, we also discovered a new chocolatier within walking distance.  Hike 2 miles, buy a $5 truffle, eat it on the way back for a net gain of 275 calories.  Not a good idea.

Worse yet, it's time to start the Christmas rum balls.  I can feel the slow-fat creeping up around my hips like an incoming tide.  (Some people fall into quicksand. I have fallen into slow-fat.)

4 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Slow fat, I like that term.
    I too fight the encroaching roundness. It's soft, warm and comfortable.

     
  • At 4:45 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    But round, soft people are so much nicer to hug.

    We are in the middle of some glorious weather. It's cold in the morning but fairly warm in the afternoon and the sun has been out for days. I'm appreciating it now because I know it won't last.

     
  • At 5:14 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I prefer to think of myself as a Kobe human....

     
  • At 10:16 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Wow! Five miles?! How long does that take? That's awesome!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home