Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, October 22, 2012

happy cat

Ben decided that the yarns left over from the knitter's swap have been arranged just for him.  With the wind and the rain making the house rattle, a little timid cat NEEDS a nice basket to curl up in.  Actually, he would prefer hot laundry, but then, who wouldn't?









Since I was bragging about the good mileage I'm getting with the car, many people asked what kind it is.  I have a Prius C, and am still not getting the best out of it. It has an onboard readout that tells you how much gas you are using, and if you drive cautiously and slowly(not my style) your mileage improves.  I am more likely to roll down the windows, turn the radio volume up to "stun" and blast down the freeway playing "Tubular Bells!"

I am finally getting used to the shift lever being on the floor.  For weeks now, every time I go to put it in drive, I hit the windshield wiper stick because that's where my automatic muscle response is used to going.  Muscles learn slow, and never forget.  I think it's called autonomic reflex.  I am teaching myself to associate red car with shift lever on the right.  Contrary to what you might expect, I am trainable.

The toe and leg that were injured when the fig tree mugged me are now healed enough that I can get back on the treadmill.  Oh boy! More Firefly today!


11 Comments:

  • At 10:10 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    At least now you have an excuse for turning on the wipers! LOL

     
  • At 10:35 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    That's so sweet of you to perfectly arrange those balls of yarn for your kitty, Ben. Wink!

    Looks like your red car has a fancy paint job that has an orange glow at a certain angle. Pretty!

     
  • At 11:30 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I love the kitty picture.

    Your cat sitting on the beautiful pile of colored yarn reminds me of my friend Mike and his antiquated cat Poot.
    Mike was renting a nicely furnished house from a friend. The house had no place for a studio so Mike was being very careful and painting in the livening room.
    He looks down and there's his cat Poot sitting in the middle of his paint palette.
    Mike imagining disaster, screams noooooo!
    This might have been a small error on Mikes part. Poot, realizing that master has gone crazy again. Leaps from the palette of paints to the couch, across the top of the couch to the overstuffed chair down to the carpet back across the livening room and into the kitchen. Leaving beautiful four colored rainbow footprints everywhere he went. It took Mike days to get the oil paint out of everything. And weeks for the cat to come clean.

     
  • At 6:34 PM , Blogger LA said...

    How thoughtful of the knitters to leave some lovely yarn for Ben! It does make a comfy bed! I think you and your Prius are a good match!!!

     
  • At 5:09 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Ben looks very happy.

     
  • At 5:29 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Just saying, Tubular Bells is awesome for listening to on the treadmill. I can close my eyes and lose myself in it - and have on a couple of occasions to the point where I forgot I was walking. Oops!!

    My FIL has a Prius and he loves it.

     
  • At 10:52 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    What a lovely nest, and if it keeps him out of the good yarn, so much the better!

     
  • At 8:44 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    You, my friend, are lovely. When I grow up I want to be like you.

     
  • At 4:42 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    The color of the car suits you. We have what we call Girls on the Go music. I'd put something like the Cars in the tape deck and we'd sail off onto whatever errands we needed to do. It made going to the grocery store more fun.

     
  • At 8:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    All kitties deserve such pampering. Glad your foot, etc. are healing. Pepper is such a cute little car!

     
  • At 9:53 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love that you love Firefly now-- cause everything's shiny when you mean to misbehave!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home