Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, October 13, 2012

And on the second Saturday

 Maple stars, pumpkin bars, chicken and rosemary  sandwiches, apple cake, chocolate bars, and Lynn gotridof her excess zucchinis by turning them into muffins and bagging them up festively. You might turn down a zucchini, but who can resist a muffin?

I can seat 10 people in my dining room.  If more than 9 people say they are coming, I set up in the living room as well. (My fantasy dining table seats 30)  And  it worked out pretty well today.  The new sofa is not one to swallow you whole, so people who are a mite creaky in the knees can still manage a dismount without a crane and tackle.  You need to think of these things as you age.










Living room diners.
More living room partyers .
 And the noisy crew in the dining room.  Feasting, politics, jokes, singing of happy birthday, yarn exchange, knitting.  I showed off my double knits.  Beth showed off the sweater she just finished blocking (still damp, this is a BRAND NEW sweater!) Jackie is learning how to knit a moebius scarf.

The yarn exchange didn't go quite as I had anticipated.  I wound up with a big basket of new yarn that no one loved enough to take home. Well, lots more hats for the orphans, then.  I can practically knit those in my sleep.

10 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a delightful way to spend a drizzly afternoon. Everything looks so bright and cheery!

     
  • At 4:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    You are an awesome hostess!!!

     
  • At 5:06 PM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Thanks for another delightful Saturday morning, Roxie. I took home some yarn...but not as much as I brought! Maybe you can add some white and black and turn that orange baby yarn into a koi hat...

     
  • At 6:10 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Every time you post about the knitting group, I wish I was there!

    Where do you send your orphan hats? I love to knit hats and have a couple of sources for them, but I might need a third.

     
  • At 8:39 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Sounds like more fun than what I had to do today--sit in a dental office (Comfort Care dental in McLoughlin is open Saturdays!) for 3 hours while they pulled a tooth from my husband. Noshing on goodies would have been much more fun!

     
  • At 8:45 PM , Anonymous Janette said...

    Another wonderful knitterly gathering! Oh how I love to see and read about these very special days you enjoy. Thank you for sharing.

    Love the double knitting. Just saw you posted on Rav too, so have favoured them. Simply stunning Roxie. xx

     
  • At 3:18 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Sounds like another delicious and wonderful day with your yarn friends. :-)

     
  • At 4:43 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    "Maple stars and pumpkin bars"... it sounds like the start of a poem.

    My love fed me
    Maple stars and pumpkin bars
    under the waning moon.....


    What a lovely thought for a dreary Monday morning. Your knitters look like they're all having a wonderful time.

     
  • At 5:17 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    What a fun day spent with friends. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 8:05 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    Our knit group is having a yarn trick or treat night at the end of the month. This makes me think we better have a plan for unclaimed yarn!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home