Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bucky writes


 Bucky writes

Kyle and Roxie agreed thatI should go to Hawaii on the cruise ship with them.  On the train up to VancouverBC, I stayed hidden in Roxie’s back pack, because the Canadian don’t usually allow undocumented sheep to cross the border.  I wish Roxie would get to work forging a passport for me.  The next day, though, Kyle decided that we were safe and let me peek out of the top of the backpack as we went through the lines to get on the ship. Evidently my sheep shape was considered ship shape and I was allowed on with no trouble.  I even got my photo taken.
Here I am waving farewell to the lovely city of Vancouver, British Columbia.











 And here I am admiring the upper deck of the Oosterdam, our home for the next 17 days.  It’s a cold and cloudy day, though Roxie promises that as we get farther south, things will improve.




So I decided to try on a deck chair for size.  they are very spacious and comfy.



 The swimming pool on the stern of the ship has silly chairs in it.  Kyle told me that the wide space around the pool is to keep the water inside the pool when weather is rough and the water splashes all over.  I think I’d like to see that.























The next morning, the weather WAS fairly rough, and Kyle stayed in the cabin.  Roxie and I went up to the Lido Deck for a cafeteria style- breakfast, rather than a proper sit-down breakfast in the dining room.  Roxie explained that the dining room is right in the stern and gets a lot of movement, whereas the Lido is midship, so things are quieter.  You get the food quicker, too.
Every table in the Lido has an orchid on it. Isn’t it pretty?










The main swimming pool has a retractable cover so people can sit by the pool even in the cold north.  And it has a bar with funny stools.  These dolphin tails make pretty nice seats, though.
There are antiques and elegant pieces of art all over the ship.  This old baptismal font would be a good place for a sheep to  take a dip.

There is a bench next to the stairway on our floor that has satyrs at each end.  They remind me of the kids I used to play with at theTranscendent Peace and Harmony Herb Farm where I was born.

Here is the view from our verandah.           There’s an awful lot of cold gray ocean out there.  It’s enough to make a sheep nervous.  Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea after all.

However, Roxie has pointed out that our very own lifeboat is right underneath us, so safety is just a short hop away.





















Roxie has been a bit perplexed lately, because people keep wanting me to speak to them, and she doesn’t know how to tell them that sheep can’t talk.  I mime dance and eventually they get the idea.  Haha! If only they knew what a demon typist I am.

Roxie and I are having a grand time, and Kyle is perking up nicely as well.  We will go ashore in Lahaina on Wednesday, and I hope to post this from there.  Surely we can find a Starbucks or a MacDonalds with WiFi.  The internet on board the ship is slow as dial-up, and has been down completely for the last two days.

I’m meeting many interesting people, and everyone on the ship’s staff thinks I’m pretty cute.  Lots of charming young ladies have flirted with me.  Lots of charming OLD ladies have flirted with me.  And I remembered that sheep can swim, so I feel better.  The rough seas don’t bother me a bit, and the further south we go, the warmer and calmer it becomes.
Thursday:  There were two cruise ships in Lahaina on Wednesday, and so many people hit the internet that it crashed ferry connection in the city.  No posts from there.

today is Thursday in Hilo, and roxie and Kyle took a shuttle bus out to the Starbucks at Walmart.  The connections so FAST!  Whee!  Pictures!

6 Comments:

  • At 3:23 PM , Blogger LA said...

    Ahoy, Bucky!!! I'm so glad you've embarked on another adventure...and it sounds wonderful. Have a grand time!

     
  • At 5:37 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Sounds like Bucky is certainly enjoying the trip!
    All is well ont he homefront. I saw 2 of the furry felines Monday and Tuesday (had event Weds. evening) and the met me right at the door both times! Are you sure you have an orange cat???? LOL

     
  • At 5:52 PM , Anonymous Patricia Lichen said...

    Hilo! Such happy memories I have of Hilo town!

    Aloha nui loa, Bucky!

     
  • At 5:14 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Art and function are a lovely combination.

     
  • At 5:38 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Oh, Bucky, you are one lucky sheep. I've always wanted to stow away in a suitcase going someplace fun and here you go and do it.

    I can't wait to see pictures of you in Hawaii. Did you get lei'd?

     
  • At 12:22 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh, Bucky, you flirty ram ewe-- you've been a very busy boy, offering us such a lovely travelogue! So excited to hear what exploits you've been up to!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home