Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, December 01, 2011

comforter

MJ has a friend with cancer, so we sewed her a comforter.  The color here isn't right on.  It's much prettier in real life.

Swing with MJ is such a pleasure!  We blend out stashes, collaborate on design, rip and strip piece and turn out practical beauty on a regular basis.  I think other people would enjoy this just as much as we do.

So - start gathering your scraps, my sewing friends.  I'm thinking of having a great piecing party for my birthday party.  We'll do quick and dirty quilts for donation to the Medical Team International and/or some other worthy cause.  Men and women all together.  Even non-sewers can play.  And if you have any old beat-up blankets we could use for batting, well the little kids in Roumania would be thrilled.

Not much in the way of news.  It was clear last night and we had a good frost.  I started DH's car this morning to give it a chance to loosen the ice on the windshield before he got in to drive.  Sunrise is pretty un exciting because there are no clouds to bounce colors around.  On the other hand, sunshine is pretty darn exciting, so I'll go for a walk outside today.  And there's that list of Christmas errands, too.  How many rum balls will fit in a standard rate shipping box?  Must remember to stop at the post office.  I'll take them some rum balls, too.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:02 AM , Blogger LA said...

    LOVE the comforter!!! And, I'm sure the workers at the Post Office will appreciate your gift...they are really busy right now!

     
  • At 4:34 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Those rum balls sound so good, I'm sure they will make the postal employees feel less postal.

    I need to go through my scraps and see if I have enough to turn out a baby quilt. The last one I made was a twin size, and it took me a year to finish the quilting part...but it was so pretty when it was done. I'm thinking log cabin.

     
  • At 8:15 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Nice job on the comforter.
    You are so nice to think of the Postal people on the holidays. They'll love the rumballs

     
  • At 12:47 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    You are always thinking of others! So kind.

     
  • At 4:54 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I wish I could be there for the sew-in but I'll send some material and be there in spirit.

    There was a lot of scraping going on over here this morning. From 70 degrees to 29 in 3 days. No wonder everyone is disoriented.

     
  • At 5:11 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    It's amazing how fast you just throw something together and it's quality work.

     
  • At 12:25 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Yeah-- I love that comforter-- oh, how you make me long to quilt!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home