Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, October 10, 2011

List

There are 27 things to do on my list.  Dishes, laundry, plan and prep for the knitters on Saturday, and the dreaded FILING.  I have a two foot deep pile of paper that needs to be sorted and stored.  Receipts for taxes, medical bills, utility bills, cards and letters.  I have put this off, at least once a week, for oh, 42 weeks or so.  It's gotta be done, and ignoring it hasn't made it go away.  So today I will buckle down, knuckle down, and do it, do it, do it.  Then I will treat myself with a trip to the mall where I will buy new lipstick and get a free makeup bag.  I've tried the stick, and the carrot works so much better for me.

In spite of faithfully taking the stairs instead of the elevator, I gained three pounds on the trip.  The fresh bread and extra-fat butter, and the wine conspired against me.  Being lactose intolerant was a Godsend, since there were so many mouth-watering dishes made with cream and cheese.  They had macaroni and cheese with LOBSTER!  I had lots of salads and fresh fruit cups, but the fresh bread and butter, omg it was good.  Not just one slice and pat good, but three or four.  Back onto Weight Watchers. 

Also on my list of things to do is figure how to get photos onto the blog.  I am making transition from PC to Mac and am dazed and confused.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:33 AM , Blogger mplanck said...

    Welcome home, Roxie! I can't believe you have the energy to actually sit down and blog after your (wonderful, mouth-watering) trip! I hope your kitties were appropriately happy, purring, affectionate little critters when you walked in the door. Good luck on that darned, dreaded filing! I'm already experiencing the pre-dreads to the same stuff in January! See you Wednesday? Alice

     
  • At 1:38 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    Lobster Mac and cheese. Genius. Pure genius.

     
  • At 4:28 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I'd be a goner for the lobster mac'n'cheese!

    Yeah, carrots are way more fun than sticks. With 36 papers still to correct today, I desperately need some carrots!

     
  • At 4:52 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I go for the makeup freebies when I can. I can't (or won't) afford the big sizes but I love trying out the small ones.

    It sounds like you all had a wonderful trip. Well worth the three pounds.

     
  • At 5:23 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Only three pounds? That's amazing!

     
  • At 8:26 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    You will eventually love Mac, and in the meantime? Three pounds is a small price to pay;-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home