Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Sigh!

The robes are thick and fluffy.  The bottles of water, and the tea and coffee in the honor bar are complementary.  The dinner was superb.  And instead of just shoving the room service cart at us and holding out a hand for a tip, the room service staff came in, spread a tablecloth and set the table for us, carefully arranging the plates to best enjoy the view of the city lights shining all twinkly, twinkly on the water, then tactfully departed, allowing us to feast in privacy and comfort.

This morning, DH took our last stale doughnut out and tempted the seagulls.  He knows he shouldn't encourage the little crapsters, but he can't help it.  One glided in and landed up-wind, which meant that it had to face away from the wind to pick up the treat.  The breezes are stiff here, and pretty much blew the seagull inside out.  Feathers from the tail forward flared out, and a few even came loose.  I laughed and laughed at him.  He endured, though.  A glazed cake doughnut is not to be denied.

Breakfast was beyond expectation as well.  And DH wants the computer NOW.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:09 PM , Blogger grins said...

    We're kinda like that. I wanted to thank you so much for coming to Haiku Monday. It's the first time I hosted. It's usually at Auntie Bellum's every week. You're haiku was awesome. It was the best out of the pretty one's. Chickory will pic a topic next week. I judged according to my character. Uncle did last week that's why I won. Keep writing like you did and you will win tons. Not that you get much but bragging rights, but you meet new friends. If no one else had entered I would have chosen you.

     
  • At 8:02 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Sounds so restful and romantic. That gull incident sounded like a cartoon! Might hae been a funny one at that! LOL
    I hope you enjoy your freedom and fun!

     
  • At 4:59 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I think I'd rather be there then here at work, waiting for the great unwashed masses to show up and start giving me crap.

     
  • At 7:54 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Well give that man the computer-- a man who still feeds seagulls and makes sure you're truly spoiled like that deserves the computer!

    (And here's a Zoomboy joke in your honor: What did the seagulls say when the sharks moved in on their turf? "Remember, boys, it's Lo-gulls only!")

     
  • At 12:28 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    You are going to be so spoiled!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home