Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, September 13, 2010

snoooooze

I slept this weekend. I slept about 40 out of 48 hours. I wasn't exactly sick - just exhausted for no good reason. I'm feeling much better now, but have nothing to report. Wait - I remember. I did make it to knitting at MJ's house. LG and TW and I carpooled. The knitting and talking and singing and eating was delightful as ever. MJ's mommy was visiting from California. Huggy joy!
And MJ's puppy, Shadow, got to visit with us. Shadow is half lab and half chow, weighs about 80 lbs, and is, at heart, a lap-dog. LG and I both coaxed him onto our laps.

As for the pet situation at my house, Pepper still hates and stalks Squirrel. We can either leave Squirrel shut into a safe room (prison) or leave Pepper shut into the safe room, or Squirrel can live under seige. Pepper is a sturdy and cunning girl, and has figured how to open most of the doors in our house. Squirrel is a tiny and timid thing. Perhaps, when she is healed up from her surgery we'll just let things sort themselves out.

Today, for the first time in a month, I will be going to work. This part-time summer has been very leisurely!!

7 Comments:

  • At 10:11 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Poor Squirrel. Hope she's feeling better soon.

    Enjoy the sleep, winter is coming.

     
  • At 12:18 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    The way things are at your house, it sounds like going to work will feel leisurely.

     
  • At 1:21 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I have time-out weekends like that once in a while and always come out of it with tons of energy. Like you always tell me - ya gotta listen to your body! :)

     
  • At 5:05 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I am sure things will work out between Squirrel and Pepper. When Kala was introduced to our home, she was a tiny 5 week old and now is not the least bit intimidated (except by the crows and blue jays!). They learn to find their own "place" in the home and live "separately joined" lives!
    LOL

     
  • At 7:54 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Back to work for me too today. I am somewhat envious of the long sleep (but not the feeling sorta sick).

     
  • At 6:38 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Hope the kitties sort themselves out and hope you're feeling on top of the world with all that extra napping. xx

     
  • At 11:45 AM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    One more thought on the "Do Your Best" thread, againing remembering it isn't about being "perfect" or never making mistakes. This is a quote, or possibly a paraphrase, from a book called Labyrinths:Walking Toward the Center by Gernot Candolini:
    "If life is viewed as a maze, every mistake is an unnecessary detour and a waste of time. If life is a labyrinth, then every mistake is a part of the path and an indispensible master teacher."

    Word verification "estra" - some form of "to be", or perhaps a new miracle product for us women of a certain age (to use the French euphemism...)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home