Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, September 03, 2010



I gotta admit I'm really enjoying this not working thing. I ought to be all stessed and ashamed of myself, but by golly, I am just wallowing in it! I do the lady of leisure thing quite well. Laundry is piled three feet high on the dining-room table, and the top layer is covered with cat hair because it's been sitting there for days. I spent yesterday organizing my magazines. I had a motley collection of those magazine storage boxes which I covered in wood-grain contact paper to make them all go together, and I pulled out several pounds of magazines I haven't even looked at in five years (Off to the used magazine store one of these days.) I got the knitting magazines all together, and the quilting magazines all together, and then I got to the writer's magazines where I have been published, and I just spent the rest of the afternoon reading my fabulous poetry and short stories, and rolling around in self-appreciation. Gotta tell you, DH came home to a messy house and a very happy woman. And, since he is a man with his priorities straight, he was delighted with the way I spent my day!


Every year, we take the Friday of LaborDay weekend, and go to the State Fair. Tomorrow,
more pictures of sheepies and bunnies and fun fair activities. And I'm gonna buy at least two oysters guaranteed to contain a pearl. I am addicted to this. It's like gambling when you know you will always win, but you never know what. Or it's like Christmas in a clamshell. You don't know what you're going to get, but you know it will be marvelous. I adore the colored pearls, but the white ones are awfully nice, too.

I am, however, going to skip Weight Watcher's weigh in today because DH and I will be having breakfast first, and since I have already started the cheat of not eating untill after the weigh in, it will be a guaranteed gain. Moreover, I always wear the same short, lightweight dress for weigh in, and I like pants with pockets for our trips to the fair. So, rather than have a gain, and not stay for the meeting, I will wait till next week and maybe make my goal.

No fried turkey leg for lunch! Maybe a mango smoothie. (Yum!)

Hope your day is glorious, and may Earl stay well away from the coast!






5 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM , Blogger LA said...

    Enjoy your leisure time! It's well earned!! Have fun at the Fair.

     
  • At 2:58 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Great flower pics!
    Sounds like you had fun.
    I am to the point of wanting to lighten the load!!

     
  • At 10:45 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Hope you have a fabulous time at the fair. I say eat both the turkey leg and the mango... and maybe enjoy some ice cream too. Good job getting to magazines, that type of sorting can be tedious. Cheers!

     
  • At 11:47 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love those days when you can get lost in your own home... haven't had many, but some of my most prized possessions have been doing it for years!

     
  • At 5:16 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    What a wonderful way to spend your leisure time. I have two shelves of books of our favorite comics. I can get lost in them so easily. I don't even want to think about how easy it would be to open the old knitting mags and get lost in those.

    I think seeing your own name in the mags would be the best of all.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home