Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

blocking the circle


The great circle sweater is finished and blocking. Pepper is helping you get a sense of perspective as to how big it is - about five feet in diameter. I sewed the armholes shut to make blocking easier. I'm still not happy with the way it came out, but there are other projects I have to get going on, and it will make a splendid shawl until I get the cohones to frog back to the last increase and start all over again.
Why do we have a piece of carpet in the garage? Well, various male cats, no longer with us, had peed on it, and I spread it out in the garage to try to clean it, but cat pee never really comes out, so there it sits, and the living room is bare, giving the dust bunnies freedom to roam, and allowing hilarious traction options to the cats. Pepper spins her wheels on fast accelerations, and takes the corners scrambling sideways. Ben has chosen to leap up and ricochet off various pieces of furniture and door frames. Squirrel hasn't been sufficiently comfortable to do more than slink through the living room, and the two senior cats just don't hurry.
The young bull and the old bull watched the farmer turn a bunch of hefiers into the pasture. "Check out those babes!" said the young bull. "Let's run down there and love us a few."
"No," said the old bull. "Let's WALK down there and love them all."
If you want to laugh your socks off, check out Heide's post yesterday at heideho.wordpress.com
Put your beverage down first.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Why not just leave the armholes sewn shut and use it as a shawl? That way you don't have to frog it and it will keep you warm this winter just as well.

     
  • At 1:42 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Well, it's pretty and a product, and it's pink-- I think it's a win! I love the joke!!!!

     
  • At 6:27 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Nice contrast of colors, Pepper really makes the pinks pop.

     
  • At 3:00 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    It looks like a big pink rug laying there on the floor!!!
    LOL

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home