Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

You are wonderful!

Thank you, friends. I knew you would make me feel better, and oh how you have! I am cheerfully prepared for the fast and the laxative, and no longer in anxt about the process. I rather like the idea of DH writing rude poetry on my bum. I'll start composing a limerick. "There once was a kindly proctologist . . ."

You affirm my belief that we are an informational resource for one another. It's one thing to read the information that the hospital sends, and quite another to hear from loving friends. No where in the hospital information does it say, "Stay close to the toilet." This is essential information! Imagine trying to do this process while working in an office. What do you do if you soil your shorts at work? Wash them out in the sink and dry them under the hand dryer? Throw them away and line your pantyhose with paper towels to protect your clothes on the way home? Steal a wastebasket liner to sit on so you don't ruin your car seat? I was going to drink the stuff at work, then go to my writer's group. Wouldn't THAT have been a distressing experience? As it is, I'll go home and take my dose half an hour late. I don't think half an hour will make that much difference. And I'll be in my own friendly home bathroom with all my books and magazines to comfort me, and some scented candles to freshen the air. And I'll lose weight!

Thank you, thank you for comfortimg and encouraging me. I feel wrapped in loving arms and can face tomorrow's procedure with equanimity.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    And be sure to stock up on some of those wet wipes. Regular t.p. isn't going to be fun after about 10 minutes into the "cleanse".
    As ben Franklin once penned: Fart proudly.

     
  • At 10:19 AM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    You probably won't read this until later, but remember Roxie: It'll come out all right in the end! Ha! I slay myself sometimes!

    Hope all goes well and you get the clean bill of health!

     
  • At 3:27 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I did a pill prep, not the liquid and they didn't tell me to take the last few pills standing over the toilet. They should have. Unlike having 'intestinal distress', there is no distress so who knew it was time?

    I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping it all goes well.

     
  • At 5:04 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I want to read that limerick!! LOL Maybe a BE GENTLE sign!! LOL
    I hope the stuff tastes better than I remember from 10 years ago!! YECH!! I wanted to throw up.

     
  • At 6:29 PM , Blogger Em said...

    You are indeed wrapped in loving arms, we're all with you there in spirit. And let me tell you, anesthesia is your friend. You won't remember a thing. It might leave your stomach a little tender, though, so a milkshake or something easy to digest might be a good bet for your first meal. Spoil yourself, though, and get that luxurious expensive ice cream. You'll deserve it! Let DH take care of you and sleep the rest of the anesthesia off once you're home. And don't forget we're thinking of you.

    ps--fasting sucks (but you are mighty and can conquer it)! I'll bet if doctors had to do it, they'd find another way around it.

     
  • At 10:48 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I'm so sorry I missed out on the comfort and encouragement! I can give it to you now, sweetie-- you have no worries. Yes-- the sitting on the toilet is a pain-- Mate set me up with my laptop, and I watched some good television. I also drank a whole lot of chicken broth and water, and some seven up. And I went under and then I woke up and then... and then... I went home and sat all day. (At least the second time. The first time I ended up taking Zoomboy the the emergency room because his sister split his head open as soon as I got home. But I don't think you'll have to worry about that.)

    Anyway-- you'll be fine. And DH will take such wonderful care of you.

     
  • At 4:11 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You won't need anything on your bum. You'll be funny enough all doped up.

     
  • At 10:50 AM , Anonymous tlbwest said...

    I agree with Knit Tech. Besides which, I think inducing laughter in anyone holding a needle or prob anywhere close to your body might be counterproductive.
    Back in my 20s I had tests which required an intestinal clean-out. Then, they gave me castor oil. The
    liquid I got for the colonoscopy was much gentler - no violent cramping - so everything is relative.
    But don't be disappointed if you don't lose weight - I didn't, even temporarily. One male friend told me he lost eight pounds! I think he must have just let himself get dehydrated.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home