Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, January 07, 2010

sunrise five, camera zero

My ignorance is vast! I tried getting a photo of the sunrise this morning. Huge, vivid, epic sheets of color. I tried different settings. This is shot with the flash turned off.
Ho hum. It looks pastel and rather boring. So I tried with the flash turned on.

And now the colors are too dark.


Too portentous.


The sunrise was lush and so bright that the very air was tinted. This just looks brooding and ominous, as if it bodes ill. And it's not that kind of sunrise at all.


Oh well. At least I can color the scene with my words if I have to. Thank heavens I have a thousand words or so to spare. ;-)

Today is the start of cleaning and baking frenzy for the knitter's tea on Saturday. I think it's going to be lemon cake, deviled eggs, ginger thins cookies, lemon macarons from the "Tea" magazine I just picked up (and may have to subscribe to)and "Petite Ecollier" biscuits for that hit of chocolate. Oh, and I need to run to the store and pick up a couple bags of clementines so we can pretend to be virtuous by eating fruit. Depending on how the macarons come out, I may bake some orange/cranberry scones to fill out the table. Time to put on my sweats and grab the serious cleaning gear. Now where did I park the front-end-loader?

8 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM , Anonymous tlbwest said...

    What can I do to help for Saturday?

     
  • At 2:18 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    It is so hard to capture a sunrise. It never looks as beautiful in the camera. We always think Mordor when we see sunrises/sunsets like that.

     
  • At 10:37 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Sounds scrumptious. My word verification is "aroma". Interesting, no?

     
  • At 10:49 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I wish I could be there!

     
  • At 3:48 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    It's a very lovely sunrise.

     
  • At 5:43 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    The sunset picture looks lovely, but I could see it perfectly via your description. The food sounds delightful and perfect for winter weather... fruits and vegetables are better for warm weather imo. Speaking of food, the rumballs arrived! THANK YOU! They are all delicious, but the standard are still my favorites. The washrag is beautiful! I'm using it like a doily on the table next to my knitting spot right now. I don't want to get it dirty. Happy Friday to you, your DH and your collection of critters.

     
  • At 11:50 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I don't know, Roxie-- that looks lovely to me... but then, I've got a soft spot for orange...

     
  • At 12:27 AM , Anonymous Barb said...

    I think all of the photos look mystical and dreamy, but then I love morning, even if I rarely see it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home