Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Theme yellow

The tablecloth is yellower in real life. Pineapple upsidedown cake, lemon cake with yogurt cheese filling and meyer lemon jelly on top. Deviled eggs for the savory. Ginger Thins and Petite Ecolier biscuits. Lisa and Barb both brought chocolates. And we had a pile of clementines for fruit.

DH made the pineapple upsidedown cake for us and oh my GOSH it was yummy! There is none left over.

I wanted an extra pop of yellow for the table, so I went to Michaels and spent $3 for a stem of artificial forsythia, then pulled it all apart and left a sprig of faux flower on each napkin. Add a clementine on each plate and it looks like a magazine!


We talked and laughed and ate and knitted. MJ is knitting a cape for her rag doll. Maggie is knitting a vest for her beloved. Barb is crochetting an afghan. Lisa made fabulous stitch markers with There were fifteen of us. I didn't get a chance to talk to everyone. I finally threw everyone out at quarter till two. It was a peak experience! I really, really love doing this! What a glorious tintinabulation of happy women's voices. And the house just echoes with happiness afterwards.

12 Comments:

  • At 5:00 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    It was so much fun! Thanks for the invitation. Everything was delicious. Your DH done himself proud with that pineapple upsidedown cake.

     
  • At 5:35 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    You are a most gracious hostess! And you cook good, too.

     
  • At 8:34 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Now this line confused me...Lisa made fabulous stitch markers with There were fifteen of us.
    She made stitchmarkers out of the 15 of you???
    Sounds like fun. I spent my day recuperating from an evening of throwing up and diarrhea. I had eggs and toast for dinner Friday evening and thinking maybe one or more eggs were not too good even though just bought. Feeling better now.

     
  • At 11:23 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    so much yellow! I'm so impressed. It looks gorgeous Roxie!

     
  • At 11:51 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love that you share these days with us--it certainly adds a grace to my day that it would not ordinarily have.

     
  • At 1:15 AM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    Yum! That all looks and sounds delicious - except the clementines (we call them mandarins here, I think) - not my favourite!! What a great idea for a theme though, colour! Might have to steal that...

     
  • At 2:58 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    oooohhhh, one day, one day I'm going to be there and join in all the fun!

    Once again a fabulous table and gorgeous goodies too.

     
  • At 6:53 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    What a nice bit of sunshine! Clementines are one of the only cirtus fruits I can still eat (without stomach pain). I love them.

    And I'm inspired to make a lemon meringue pie today. I want something yellow and I don't have any pineapple for a cake.

     
  • At 10:35 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    A lovely table of sunshine for the dark of winter. Once again looks like a marvelous party!

     
  • At 2:29 PM , Blogger Patricia K. Lichen said...

    The "tintinabulation of happy women's voices"--what a gracious & kind way to describe our noise! ;o)

     
  • At 6:51 AM , Anonymous jingle said...

    yellow
    blow
    glow
    grow
    cool
    for sure.

    lovely post.

     
  • At 12:23 AM , Anonymous Barb said...

    Ye set such a gracious table. It was so fabulous. Thank you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home