Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Can't sleep

I woke at my usual time and lay there wide awake for an hour before I gave up and rolled out. My body does not acknowledge that we have fallen back two time zones. Five AM at home is 3AM here. And I am awake with that first day of summer vacation sense of omigodImightmisssomething!

DH, having wisely dosed with Nyquill is sleeping and breathing freely. Good on him! So I am sitting happily in the living area, catching up on your blogs and marinating in happiness. It's still dark. It's still December. And yet, I can sit on our tiny sliver of a lanai barefoot in my nighgown without incurring frostbite or hypothermia. It plays with my mind.

Last night, I took a photo from the lanai. Our condo DOES have an ocean view. You just have to lean out over the street a bit. I took the photo at arm's length - sunset over the Pacific.



Great ideas for photos, I'll Pack my knitting along today. We'll have breakfast at Duke's Canoe Club and I'll get more specific data on that lei-draped statue of the Father of modern surfing. More input later.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:17 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    I do so love your vacations! You take us all right along with you.

    My verification string is somnaker. Perhaps a wine waiter at a nudist resort?

     
  • At 5:44 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    First, I got your "Oh, Tan A Bum" letter and now you have the nerve to tell me you're sitting outside in your nightie without freezing any floopy parts while we're sitting here in sub-freezing temps with a bitter east wind coming down the Gorge? Bite me, Roxie!

     
  • At 9:35 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Lovely moment of quiet before a hectic Roxie day... enjoy!

     
  • At 7:22 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    I walk around barefoot on my tile - but it was 24 F (-4 C) outdoors this morning, brrr!

    Hey, look, papayas!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home