Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, November 30, 2009

I go on vacation tomorrow


DH has come down with some sort of respiratory crap. He tells me it's sinus infection. He's been blowing his nose so much I'm surprised he hasn't dried up like an old walnut. He has to go to work today or he won't get Thanksgiving holiday pay. Bless his dear heart! I hope he'll go to urgent care and get it dealt with. Somehow, I don't think that ignoring it will make it go away in time. Full sinuses and altitude changes equals mega pain. He may let me dose him with Dayquill or something just to survive the flight. If I can just get him there all right, he can swim in the ocean and purge his sinuses with seawater, and lie in the shade and sleep untill he's recuperated. I'm perfectly content to be a giant white slug for our vacation.

We're packed. We leave Wednesday morning, but by Sunday night we're packed. We really ARE looking forward to this trip!

I tried a new system for the Christmas cards this year. Big mistake. I fought with the printer all day long, then had to take breaks to figure out which letters I had printed off, then address envelopes, then print off some more letters, then go back through the address list to find who I had missed . . . I'm not done yet.

And Mount Washmore needs to be folded, the dishwasher needs to be emptied and re-loaded, and really, I ought to clear the diningroom table so the cat-sitter will have a place to pile the papers and mail. Thank Goodness I'm taking the day off tomorrow. I NEED it to get ready!

8 Comments:

  • At 8:09 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You'll power through Mount Washmore in no time. Then off you go. Enjoy the sand and sun.

     
  • At 8:37 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    I had Mount Washmore mostly conquered over this weekend, then I changed the sheets. But I got a lot of other chores done over the long weekend, so Monday I can be a little lazy.

     
  • At 8:46 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Yes it takes so long to prepare for the trip. Do you have your knitting and reading packed?

    Enjoy sitting in the sun!

     
  • At 7:12 PM , Blogger Em said...

    Much as I love the smell and feel of fresh-washed laundry, I hate doing wash. It's a chore that's never really done, and that's a crap chore in my book.

    Your vacation sounds like it's going to be spectacular, and some sun and sand and salt air will do you and the hubs both much good. And vacations where you let yourself be a slug are the best kind, there's no pressure.

     
  • At 5:51 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Warm sand, good food and nice warm sunshine. Sounds about perfect. I hope DH weathers the trip ok. That can be really painful-some sudafed maybe?

     
  • At 6:37 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Have a lovely, lovely time and be safe.

     
  • At 7:55 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    I hope your vacation is as lovely as it sounds! Being a slug is what vacations are for, darling, didn't you know? I think the people who have full, busy itineraries for their trips are mental. I came to this place to relax, and you want me to go climbing a mountain at six a.m.? Bugger off and let me sleep.
    Have fun and takes lots of pictures of the sun, we've missed it these last few weeks!

     
  • At 11:42 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh... poor DH... I know you'll baby him to perfection, but it's still hard to be sick on a plane! Get that boy some antibiotics! And remember... after all the prep and scaling mouth Washmore, you have a LOVELY trip to take! It's one of your favorite things!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home