Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Another knit

Another Teresa Ruch dyed scarf. this one is bamboo and tencel. She has such an awesome hand with color.


I'm pulling together the annual Christmas letter (thanks to DH for the inspiration this year!) and doggone, we didn't DO anything this year. No trips since last December. No exciting projects. The biggest home-improvement was the cleaning of the garage and the replacing of the garage door. Fourty years ago, I would have been appalled to have such a dull life. And I would NEVER believe how happy I could be to live it. No drama, no excitement, no bragging rights. Just days full of small happinesses and weeks of great contentment. Can''t beat it with a stick!

I am thankful to live in uninteresting times.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:35 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I'm sure you are familiar with the Chinese curse-- May you live in interesting times!

     
  • At 9:37 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    I don't do a holiday letter, but if I did I'd have a million things to write in it this year. And I'm not sure that's a good thing. Not that any of the stuff that happened was bad. It was just, as you say, interesting. I'm glad to be in a more relaxed period of my life now. That is, I will be when I finish getting these Christmas decorations put up...

     
  • At 6:23 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I am very grateful for my anonymous and dull life. Boring is underrated! I get holiday letters from people and I wonder if they are making some of this stuff up.

    And I agree with you-Theresa is really good with color!

     
  • At 9:28 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    No holiday letters for me either.

    Very pretty scarf, Teresa does have a way with colors.

     
  • At 6:14 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Contentment with daily life sounds good. Seems like you are "being" instead of just "doing"

     
  • At 9:54 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I know exactly what you mean. My happiest moments are my most terribly boring. *ah, contentment*

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home