Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, September 19, 2009

This is what September looks like

In September, the kids have to adjust to being back in school, and the clouds, returned from wherever they went for summer vacaiyon, have to adjust to being back in the sky. Some of them are lazy, and lie around on the ground for half the morning.




The college, being on a hilltop. tends to snag a lot of low-flying clouds.







Occasionally, the hill pokes right through the cloud,which hangs all low and drippy around the rivers. And I drive through the tenuous gray belly of the beast for miles, sight restricted to a hundred feet in any direction, speed restricted to how long it takes me to react in that hundred feet.




Then, finally, at the crest of the hill, thinning mist and sunlight, promising a hot afternoon.

DH remarked last night that the light is changing. I love that he is in tune with that. And if the clouds weren't hugging so close, I could see the sun rise almost due East today.

So where has everyone gone? The blogs are so quiet. Is this a seasonal withdrawal into the den? Everyone busy canning and preserving? Getting the kids back into school? Writing? (Yes, I mean you, Amy)Whuzzup folks?

9 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    I love the change from summer to fall. In the desert it promised cooler weather to send us outside.

     
  • At 11:23 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    You are observant of the changes, Roxie. Me? I'm under a pile of deadlines, only coming up once in a while for air and sustenance. I am amazed at how long I can hold my breath.

     
  • At 12:12 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I had also noticed that many had not blogged for awhile, except for me and Roxie!!

     
  • At 5:59 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I love the misty mornings we have here in the early fall. I like pulling out a jacket and finding fresh apple cider at the farmer's market.

     
  • At 10:25 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh baby-- you know where I am--when I'm not being mom-taxi, I'm in the dragon cave. But I love your foggy autumn pictures... so different from the tired dustiness of our falls here...

     
  • At 4:56 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I miss Autumn fog, it makes the world so ethereal.

     
  • At 11:55 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    I think a lot of people are busy getting back into the swing of things this time of year. Getting kids into school schedules, work is picking up, the weather is changing, and people's internal clocks are adjusting, too. I always mourn the loss of summer because I am and always will be a sunflower. I wilt in cloudy weather. But fall is my favorite season for the colors and changes we see all over.
    Fog is how I know summer is over for real: the clouds lay low and filter our sunlight into dusty motes of dim yellow. The sun rises later, and sets earlier... Lovely weather.

     
  • At 1:54 PM , Blogger The Fibers of Life said...

    Love your foggy pictures. The last one is really lovely, the light and colors are just right! Thank you for sharing.
    MaryLou

     
  • At 3:21 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    I know what you mean - I just haven't felt much like blogging lately! Not sure what it is, but maybe I'll get the groove back when the weather cools down a bit here. In the summer I never feel like doing much of anything.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home