Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Welcome, knitters

Working all week has put a crimp in my time to party. I've been up since before dawn to get things ready. Oh, it's no big deal. I'm ALWAYS up at 5am. I'm used to it.

I made and sliced the curried chicken sandwiches, and sliced the ham and chees roll-ups. They are all waiting eagerly in the fridge to be put out closer to the feasting.

Then I plated the cookies and the brownies, made melon balls for the fruit salad, and ate a bowl of yogurt with honey while I looked at the funnies and Dear Amy in the paper.



By that time the sun was rising. I just love it when the light slides flat sideways like a red sportscar in a skid and splashes up under the leaves of the maples.




the party is here at ten today. You can come early if you like. We would love to see you. Every plate hs a different colored napkin and napkin ring. What color would you like? I am SO enjoying my miscellaneous napkin ring collection!! Photos to follow.




I have not yet had time to primp. Roxie at sunrise is nothing to inspire poets to rhapsodies. But she is, none-the-less, a happy woman!




You know, if you don't have other knitters to gather with, why not just have a tea party for your friends? Suggest they bring their handwork - mending or stringing beads or whatever they do (as long as it's not too smelly or space-taking) and just have what used to be called, "a hen party." I like to serve a cake, at least two cookies, at least one savory (sandwich, deviled eggs, mini pizzas from your grocer's freezer case) and some fruit. Plus tea and coffee, of course. Who knows, you might even flush some shy kntters out of the shrubbery. And it's wonderful to get together with "the girls!"

6 Comments:

  • At 8:15 AM , Anonymous dd35 said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:23 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I'm thinking of seeing if the girls want to go knit at the book store.

     
  • At 9:26 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I have a friend who is relearning to knit. I'm hoping she and I will be the core of a new knit group.

     
  • At 3:18 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Oh, I do this too, but I didn't know it was called a hens's party - I thought that was the bride's version of the buck's night. My night begin's after Til is in bed asleep and comes in the form of a Projects Party. Friends whom I haven't had the opportunity to catch up with for a while come over for a chat and to try and get outstanding miscellaneous stuff done while chatting as fast as they can. Lot's of crafting, of course, but other stuff gets done like updating address books etc.

    I don't go to such gorgeous lengths with my table, though!

     
  • At 3:30 PM , Blogger Em said...

    Your table always looks so pretty. If only we weren't on opposite ends of the country, I'd invite myself over sometime! I love the idea of a hen's party, I think it's time to organize one for the Jersey Girls.

     
  • At 7:03 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Alas, darling, all my hens are the cyber-variety--but you set a nice enough table enough fore me to dream-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home