Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, September 17, 2009

fun with bam-boooo

When I work at the jail, I need a thermal layer that does not present a choking hazard. Vests are good, of course, but I really want to be able to keep my throat warm, and scarves are O-U-T So I thought that maybe a cowl would do. I took some of Teresa's gorgeous bamboo yarn and a 16 inch size 5 circular needle, cast on 100 stitches, joined it, and began knitting feather and fan in the round. After about two incvhes of that, I got bored and switched to k2p2 which I can do on auto-pilot. for hours and hours, I just k2p2 and let my mind wander whither it would. after 18 inches, I began to work increases so it would spread out over my shoulders. When it got to almost 200, I began working garter stitch triangles, knitting 20, turning, knitting 2 tog and knitting across. Then, after forming all these triangles, I knitted mitered squares between them.
See the nice garter-stitching detail? But it didn't lie nicely, so I got some beads and trimmed the edges.



And now it's perfect. Mostly I will wear the cowl down andfolded around my neck, but when it's up like this, it shows off the beads so nicely. I have crystals and crescent moons to frame my face. Too fun! I am the ice queen!!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:35 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    Beautiful -- in a medieval queen sort of way. WAYYY cool.

     
  • At 4:54 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Looks like you should be riding with King Arthur. Very romantic.

     
  • At 5:32 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Very lovely. If it was a dark gray it would like chain mail.

     
  • At 4:56 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Before I read the comments, I was thinking chain mail, too!

     
  • At 9:26 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    That's awesome... I LURVE it when a plan comes together!

     
  • At 1:57 PM , Blogger The Fibers of Life said...

    What a very Sanna look. She would look almost a beautiful as you! Very nice, love the beads.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home