Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

How did it get to be Tuesday already?

DH and I rolled out of bed at 5 AM yesterday, and trucked on down to the gym. I put in half an hour at 3.9mph, then used the lat-pulldown machine at 45 lbs for 15 reps twice. Yeah, I sound like I know what I'm talking about, don't I? Since I'm lactose intolerant and post menopausal, I take vitamin supplements and try to do exercise that strengthens the bones in my hips and back.

Oh, what fun! A young man on a Harley just throbbed past the window. There's a lot of romance to a good motorcycle. And a slim-hipped young man with long hair blowing from under his helmet. All too often, the Harley riders I see are over fifty and over the load limit, bald under the hlemet, and very jowly under that gray beard. Harleys are expensive. You need to be financially well established to own one. And they may be wonderful, charming, intelligent, funny guys, but they're not, sigh, romantic!

Anyhow, yesterday was a 10-5 day for me, so I had lots of time to exercise, clean up, eat breakfast, and still get to work on time. My last test of the day finished early, and to fill in the final 1/2 hour, I hand delivered the untaken tests to the various department secretaries. Or rather, I tried to. By 4:30, none of the secretaries were in. Ah - summer hours on a community college campus! Luckily, their doors had a conveniently large gap underneath them, so I just shoved things under the doors and sauntered on. It was a marvelous walk - a stroll actually, all over campus wandering hither and yon in the glorious warm summer air. Ah, sigh! I like warm air, and I spend most of my life in the AC. I really ought to do something about that. It's not like I live in Phoenix or Sacramento or something.

On the knitting front, I got out my hat needles and commenced on stocking caps. Good for winter gifting. The first one, though, I'm gonna keep. DJ gives me her left-overs, and she buys wonderful expensive yarns. I have white Baby Cashmerino held with blue Kid Silk Haze and there's just enough to make a soft, glorious beautiful cap for meeeee. Photos tomorrow.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Your garage sale haul is impressive. It sounds like a perfect day (good timing on the suitcase!). We are enjoying some lovely summer weather (hot but not humid with a breeze, just perfect for flowy skirts) but it's not fated to last past this afternoon. After all our rain, it's such a blessing!

     
  • At 8:30 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I love a summer day that is warm enough to have all the windows open but not so hot that we have to close them again.

     
  • At 1:10 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Boy, you have so much energy! I'd like to sap it off you for myself! LOL
    Glad to hear someone is trying to keep in shape!!

     
  • At 6:26 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    The stocking cap sounds beautiful. You'll look like a snowflake :-)

     
  • At 9:27 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    *oooohhh* (That was for the stocking cap AND the hot guy on the Harley:-)

     
  • At 12:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    How come nobody but fat ladies on their way to Target are outside the window when I'm on the treadmill?

    Probably because you're there at 5 in the morning warming the machines up for us "big-boned" gals.
    You're such a good worker.
    Barb

     
  • At 7:03 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    I love making and giving hats. They knit up quickly, nearly always fit and people usually need several because they tend to "walk away" while left unattended. We live about a mile from a store called Love Leathers that sells biking gear. The store hosts barbeques and almost always has some kind of party going on. About 90% of the bikers appear to be of the older variety. Who else has the time or money?

     
  • At 8:02 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    What I wanna know is, How did it get to be July already???

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home