Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, December 11, 2008

What to do on a rainy day in paradise

There's a typhoon blowing through to the north of us, and we're getting the trailing edges of the storm. DH and I took a nice walk down to the beach. It was 70 degrees and just misting a bit. I was in a sleeveless top and a light skirt. D"H had a rain shell and shorts.
How would you like this for a camping site?





Aren't these tiny dark orchids lovely? They're just roadside weeds.

More weeds. Can you believe these? Nine foot tall hibiscus plants. And the pointsettias run to the same scale.



Occasionally the menehunes, the Hawaiian spirits of mischief, get bored and start building things. Here's a simple little pile of stones that appeared on the beach overnight.


We went out for lunch and stopped at the local market to pick up some zip-seal containers to bring some bakery goods home. And there was this bit of beefcake. I asked if I could take his photo and he was bemused and embarassed but obligingly posed for me. DH told him, "You're picture is going on the internet and will be seen all over the world." "No way." the lad said, but we convinced him that yes, my friends in Australia and Maine and Massachutes and California would all see him. He laughed and strolled out. His pants were rather low slung and displayed a couple inches of dorsal clevege. When he left, the checker looked at me and giggled. I told her, "He's just lucky it's not Ass-watch Wednesday. He has a cute keester!" She laughed and laughed!

10 Comments:

  • At 9:36 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Lovely volcano shots and thank you for sharing ALL of the scenery with us.

     
  • At 5:34 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I am not a fan of the smell of sulfur (angel that I am!) but volcanos fascinate me. Melted rock! How cool is that? And good call on the beefcake. Looks delicious.

     
  • At 6:23 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    What Heide said!

    I once confused the sound of the water in the shower with bacon frying.

     
  • At 8:52 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    Great scenery, especially the beefcake!

     
  • At 5:12 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Mmm... mild weather, tricksy sprites, and biff. Especially lurve that biff!

     
  • At 8:32 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    Nothin' like local scenery, is there, Roxie? LOL! He'd better be glad it was you and not Dave Daniels posting him on the internet!

     
  • At 3:12 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Very nice orchids! (Two is the canonical number.)

     
  • At 9:26 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Hot beefcake there. ;)

     
  • At 4:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    whoa, nice ink. ;)

     
  • At 8:45 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    More lovely pics . . .

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home