Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, November 30, 2008

How to knit two mitties on one needle.

I know many folks already know how, and many more don't care, but Tamara asked, so here we go: I am doing a pair of mittens in worsted weight on size 7 needles.(I went out and bought a 47 inch circular. Wahooo!) I am knitting from the inside and outside of the same ball, but if it helps to imagine ball A and ball B, please do so. The mitten cuffs are 40 stitches around so . .
with ball A, cast on 20 stitches of mitten #1.


With ball B, cast on 20 stitches of mitten #2

Push all the stitches to the other end of the needle. Now,


With yarn b, cast on the other 20 stitches of mitten #2

And with yarn A, cast on the other 20 stitches of mitten #1. Slide these stitches half way down the needle


and begin working the ribbing for cuff #1 using ball of yarn A.


You will have two magic loops hanging out on either side of the cuffs. When you knit the front halves, slide the needles through the work again so that you have that magic loop on either side. Amazingly enough, it doesn't seem to leave a loose ladder between the two halves of the cuffs. Does it make sense?




And here we are at Thanksgiving dinner. Not every waiter knows how to use a camera.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:34 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    You guys look happy and well fed. There are a lot of folks who don't know how to use a camera, even the point and shoot kind. I'm always leery of what I'll get when I ask someone else to take a photo with my camera.

     
  • At 9:58 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    You two look lovely--my favorite kind of couple when I was a horrible waitress:-)

     
  • At 8:33 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    LOVE that photo of the two of you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home