Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, March 10, 2008

daylight saving time stinks

This losing an hour of sleep business is a lot of nonesense. Even the sunrise was sullen when I left for work. And as the door locked shut behind me, I had that hideous feeling that I had - oh crap, I did. There are my keys on the desk, right next to the door. So I went to the very good hiding spot where we keep our spare key. It's not there. Those damn squirrels carry away anything that isn't nailed down. Things that are nailed down, they leave for the raccoons. So there I am, outside, while all my keys are inside, and the kitties are smiling happily through the window from their warm little nests. Theyn didn't even try to help. See if I ever try to get THEM thumbs for their birthdays!

I tried calling DH, to no avail (Thank GOD I had remembered to stick my phone in the bag before I toddled off for my day's adventures!) DH works about five minutes away from home. I figured that since he's a bit under the weather himself, he forgot to take his phone today. So I finally decided to call a cab, go to DH's job, borrow his house-key, cab home, get my keys, take his keys back, and I'm babbling again, aren't I? Anyhow, I rolled in to the office 30 minutes late which ain't bad all things considered. I still feel like crap on a cracker, and I have a cough like a howler monkey with the croup, but the other part-time gal is laid up from shoulder surgery and I'm all we have left. ot that I was needed all that badly. We had fifteen people signed up for the first session, six people showed, and one of them had come on the wrong day. There were 10 people signed up for the second session. 3 showed. No one was finctioning on all six cylinders today. DH had his phone by the way. He just didn't hear it. The noise of the machine shop, and the hearing protectors he wears might have something to do with that.

Strong peppermints seem to quell the cough, and I got lots of knitting done.

A pink hat with ears,
and a Blueboo hat

With alternative styling for those days when you feel implacably perky.

9 Comments:

  • At 8:04 PM , Blogger Shan said...

    Love the hats. Feel better, my friend.

     
  • At 3:03 AM , Blogger Xia Diaz said...

    I hope you feel better. Great hats!

     
  • At 9:55 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Hope you feel better soon! I love the "implacably perky" styling :)

    Daylight savings time always messes me up. I grew up in Arizona where we don't use that silly system...several years of being in California and it still catches me off guard every time.

     
  • At 10:53 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    I never feel implacably perky. Implacably irritable toward implacably perky types, yes. You did almost make me laugh out loud, however, which is frowned on in the workplace.

     
  • At 11:32 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Love the boo-boo hat (and in spite of the fact that I want you to get better, I'm still cracking up about the bit about 'the howler monkey with the croup'!

     
  • At 1:14 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    oh I have so been there. Hearing you loud and clear. Only when I left my keys at home I was in the city when I realised.

    Hope you feel better soon - great hats too!

     
  • At 1:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hate this time shift thing also -and so ridiculously early this year. I have never figured out the alleged energy savings. Lights you don't turn on in the evening you have to turn on in the morning...
    Never did a thing for farmers.
    As the Brits say, what you gain on the swings you lose on the roundabouts, or something like that.
    I think the sole purpose is more hours for rich white men to play golf. Meanwhile, Mommies have to figure out how to got the little ones to go to sleep on the regular schedule, and then up for day care/school/whatever in the morning. So, who has the power? Well, duh.
    Where do we get an initiative petition for Or. to go off PDT, like sensible Ariz. - and, I think I have heard, Hawaii.
    Feel better soon, friend.

     
  • At 6:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Poor howler monkey baby, poor thing. Get better SOON -- your ability to be clever in the face of trial, tribulation and major snot attacks is incredible!

     
  • At 8:15 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I am feeling less than optimal. I think I have caught your computer virus. Unless one of the kinders has a headache and backache. The darlings ARE headaches, to be sure, but I've got one.

    Not even a lot of knitting getting done down here.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home