Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Happy earth day to you . . .

Bells, from Canberra, was asking for pictures around the neighborhood. This charming 1930s house was one of the early ones in the neighborhood, back when it was all holly trees and broccolli fields. Now, this place is across the street from a new Safeway store, and there are four-plexes all around. Still, lots of trees and bushes and things exhaling oxygen for us. Chloryphyl is our friend.






Here is a close-up of a neighborhood dogwood tree. The pink ones are soooo romantic!









Knitting was great fun, though sparsely attended. Of the 20 some people on the invitation list, 8 responded and three actually showed up. Miz G. Stayed home with a cold, and I heartily endorse her decision to do so. And L. ditched me at the last screaming minute because she discovered a class on how to help her child be a better writer. How can I argue with that? Helping, helping a kid. Helping a kid write. Anyhow, that just meant that there was more chocolate covered strawberries for the rest of us. I gave the leftover berries to the neighbor and she gave back the dish, and two balls of snazzy silver and black Lion brand "incredible" tape yarn. Cool! This may need to be an evening bag. With beads. Hmmmm.

Before I throw myslef on frivolity and sillyness, though, I'd better knuckle down, and buckle down, and finish the orange hoody. I'm decreasing for the sleeve caps. Thank goodness for worsted weight yarn and big needles.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a sweet little cottage. When I was student teaching, I rented a room in a house very similar in stye to that one. It's a shame it's surrounded by modern civilization...

    And I hope you were able to buy some yarn today...

    *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

     
  • At 9:59 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I'm dying to see the hoodie...and yes, that orange color that is so annoying is exactly the color that every child wants...

     
  • At 1:22 AM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    Roxie, the dogwood flowers are beautiful - I have always loved them (well, after I first saw them, which I think may have been in the US). Your neighbourhood must be so pretty in springtime with all the blossoms and bilbs. Speaking of which - it is autumn here, and a spring bulb is about to flower! And our prime minister denies that climate change is occurring!

     
  • At 8:08 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    That's the nice thing about taking pictures: we can leave out things. What a gorgeous photo! It looks like something they'd put in a travel brochure.

     
  • At 8:42 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    All the photos are gorgeous, so pink and green! I love dogwood. Some years back the trees were all dying of some dogwood plague, but apparently they've figured out either how to cure it or how to breed resistant trees.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home