Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Woot! Woot! Didit again!

Yesterday, I got up, ate, blogged, got dressed, sat down at the laptop and put in another two thousand words! Good for me!! Yayyy!! That's probably the last time it will happen before Thanksgiving, so I am going to revel in it.

Today, even without a camera, I can do a picture of the Saturday sky. Here it is:








Yup - vast blank whiteness. We are currently in the belly of a cloud. Moisture condenses and drips off the leaves. Joggers can be heard before they are seen. An approaching bicylist is heralded by a sound like tearing silk, as he materializes like some Sci-Fi film special effect, growing larger and more distinct, then shrinking and dimming away when he passes. Spiderwebs are pearled works of art. And while you are still warm from being inside your cozy dry house, the very air itself caresses your face like a beautician's moisturizing touch.

If you have to stay out in the fog,however, it quickly works its clammy way into all your clothes, sinks into your joints, fills your lungs with damp chill, and leeches the warmth and optimism right out of you. But for the trip from front door to paperbox and back, it's magical.

Whooptey-Twelve needles (there is no such size, really) are big enough to whip out projects at top speed. They are whopping big needles and use whopping big yarn. Amy L. Says it even better in her response to my post yesterday.

Linda and Dave, I am looking at the Cannon Power Shot, and the Kodak power shot. I want something with a big screen and not so many bells and whistles that it frightens me. We are waiting till we get to the duty-free shops in St. Thomas before we invest in it. And I'd better pick up a stick to hold the pictures as well. Last cruise, I took 18 rolls of film, not counting the underwater camera. I'm no good with an underwater camera. I get so excited by everything that I wind up taking pictures of the water. "Here's a picture of the water right in front of a Moorish Idol. And here's a picture of the water right above a great big parrot fish. This is a picture of the very tip of the end of the tail of a humahumanukanukaapuaa. See - this little black dot right on the edge of the picture here?"

No digital fish pictures. I promise.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:38 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Boy, you really are writing up a storm! Doesn't it feel great when you can really charge along on something like that?

     
  • At 7:08 AM , Blogger Yeah So said...

    Reading your post I suddenly have an urge for a hot cup of tea and my fleece pjs.

     
  • At 7:10 AM , Blogger Yeah So said...

    Reading you post gives me a sudden craving for a hot cup of tea and my fleece pjs.

     
  • At 10:19 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    that's funny--there's fog here this morning, and it's such a shock, every year in Sacramento/Nor Cal... it shouldn't be, but for some reason the idea of a horizon without sun-haze just gobsmacks us... (such a good description!) And whatever digital camera you get--you'll love it...you can just edit all those blurry pictures of your living room right out...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home