Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, October 27, 2006

Wooot! let the brag begin!

I got TWO THOUSAND words in on the novel yesterday, and they were good words! And, I left myself at another spicey spot that will be such fun to get back to. Hoorah! I sat and wrote for four solid hours, had lunch, and wrote for another two hours. Oh, GOOD for me!!

Then I spun for an hour. (I am researching cameras and boy are you guys going to get a load of images next month!!)

And THEN, DH and I settled down in front of the tube where I finished the neck gaiter and began a scarf. Watch those nimble needles fly! (I adore whoopty twelves!) The silk blouse sits patiently with its size one needles, waiting for those four-hour stretches on the plane - two on the way to San Juan, and two on the way back.

Thanks ever so for your kind words about my poetry. "Autumn's Orphans" even got published in a real magazine. I got paid $15 for it! The term, "Starving poet," is no euphamism.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Woo hoo for you! If only I could hope to match your productivity. You may be starving, but you are good.

     
  • At 9:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congratulations on all those extra words yesterday!
    A new camera, huh? Any details??

     
  • At 9:17 AM , Blogger Yeah So said...

    Why is it the more projects I have on my needles the less inclined I am to knit? Glad you're making good progress. I need to make a quick scarf cause it's cold in them here hills, er city blocks, and I think chunky yarn with big needles will fit the bill. Just what makes the twelves "whoopty" anyway?

     
  • At 3:02 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Ohh...jealousy has set in, but since I'm dying to read your next book, I can contain the green-eyed monster about your productivity and writing time!

    And I don't know about Roxie, but I think what makes the twelves 'whoopty' is that it takes you about twelve minutes to make something, and because it's in a spectacular and thick yarn, everyone goes 'whoopty-doo!'

     
  • At 5:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Roxie there's a great article in today's Oregonian about digital cameras: http://www.oregonlive.com/search/index.ssf?/base/living/1161818742162160.xml?oregonian?lvls&coll=7

    I love the Canon Powershot ....

     
  • At 10:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congrats on the progress on the novel, and the poetry publication! Very cool!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home