Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Where is all that daylight we saved?

I do love the morning we fall back from daylight savings time. The inner clock is still set an hour ahead, and waking up is so easy. I got to wake up and listen to the rain on the roof. And wet squirrels, galloping about on the roof, stashing walnuts down the drainspouts. And a crow who has discovered that when he yells down our chimney, it sounds funny. (It takes so little to amuse a crow.)And hungry kitties insisting that clocks have no relevance to appetites. I tried to explain that we have a new energy conservation policy. I don't feed them, they don't crap all over, I don't have to clean up after them. Great saving of energy! They didn't buy it. Three kitties, sitting on my chest, starving pitifully, is a force to be reckoned with. I gave in. So I am up and blogging, while the fur-faces are hogging down the chow.

A week from today, we will be boarding the Carnival Destiny and getting ourselves oriented onboard. I treat myself to one umbrella drink a day. Something with juice and chunks of fruit and rum. After that, it's water, water, water. I know the boat-drinks are no good for you. They're expensive and fattening and debilitating and promote reprehensible behavior. And I'm pretty reprehensible as it is. So only one a day, and get that first one out of the way just as soon as possible!

I packed yesterday. I'm not eager or anything. We pack a small suitcase inside a large suitcase for the trip out, because we know there will be souveniers to bring back. I have three pairs of pants, two skirts, and two formal dresses, walking shoes, slippers, and dress shoes, three blouses, two tank tops,a swim suit, and two sweaters. I hate to carry so much, but we'll be spending ten days in the tropics. (two days in San Juan, getting adjusted to the time zone.)and you need something to wear while everything else is dripping dry in the shower. DH can live with a swimsuit, 2 t-shirts, a pair of dockers, a polo shirt, and his tux. (A local tuxedo rental business had a killer sale on stuff that was no longer the peak of fashion. We got him a lovely used tux for $40!)Men have it so easy.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    And you think you're packing too much?? I should think you're just about at the bare minimum. You should have seen what I packed for a week. And I wore a pretty big portion of it.

    So what knitting are you packing???

     
  • At 7:13 AM , Blogger Yeah So said...

    So. jealous. All you need is shorts a shirt, bathing suit and flip flops..the rest is just to get you through until you can wear those again! I think you're fine.

     
  • At 8:52 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Ah, as usual, Pat asks the important question.

    If you find that daylight, please send us some. I keep telling myself, I can live with this amount of daylight, I just have to make it to mid-February. And the holidays are there to distract us from the fact that it's dark out, so it's just January that I have to contend with, really, right? Right??

    At least I'll have plenty to keep me busy.

     
  • At 10:22 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I am impressed--I tend to overpack EVERYTHING...(it comes from having the 4 babies...the day you don't pack 2 diapers instead of six is the day they'll need seven) and don't worry about the reprehensible behavior... as long as the DH isn't feeling hensible, it's all good.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home