Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Gotta pull my socks up

Today I have to pull my socks up and get to work marketing the book. I have to write letters to local newspapers and say, "Hi, here's my book. Please review it and tell lots of people how wonderful it is, so they will buy it." Then I have to call the local radio and TV stations and say, "Hi. I wrote a book. I would love to let your talk-show hosts interview me about it. I'm funny and intelligent and media-genic. Really. Just give me a chance."

I would rather break nettles with my bare feet and spin them into yarn with my bare hands and knit up seven shirts for seven swans. I would rather eat a fried tarantula. Really, if I could get someone else to do a good job of flogging the book, I would be willing to clean their whole house every day for a month.

Any takers?

Anyone?

Sigh. Well, can't pull my socks up until I put them on. And I think better when I'm wearing a bra, so I guess I'd better get dressed and get to work. Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:57 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    I know what you mean -- although, given my track record, at least one brother would probably have to get used to life in the pond instead of just flapping on one side.

    Good luck!

     
  • At 3:33 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Gods... I'm so bad at it... the best I could do was make a bunch of lists on amazon.com with my book on them (in 4th place, so the books with a wider audience would carry the list to their audiences...it worked, but slowly. The rest of it just squashed me. Your book is so good, though...it's so much fun and the prose is just amazing and delightful-- you'll do fine... the people in your neck of the woods will be lining up to read your book. But no...I made you an amazon.com list, dearheart, and other than that, you're on your own...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home