Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, July 23, 2006

never fry bacon in the nude

This is our thirteenth wedding anniversary, and I though I might spice things up by playing topless waitress and serving DH breakfast in bed. I suppose topless waitress would have been OK. But even at 7 AM the house was hot, so I figured, why not just stay cool and cook breakfast naked? Bad idea! Molten bacon fat splatters on exquisitely sensitive areas feels a lot like being being peppered with pin-points of fire. My pink and white bib apron with the ruffled shoulders and the smiley teapots on the pockets solved the problem, though presented rather a bizarre appearance to the casual observer. Especially from the rear. Thank God there were no casual observers. DH got a bit of a chuckle, though.

In spite of the heat, he took me down to Lush Cosmetics and bought me a plethora of bubblebaths. I love Lush because A. they do not test their cosmetics on animals but use things that have been used for centuries. B. They smell divine and make my skin feel exquisite. C. Some of the products contain glitter, which delights the six-year-old in me. I love it when I get out of the bath, dry off, and I still sparkle!

For his anniversary present, I was able to get him something he actually wanted. When I made the quilt for Miz G., I demonstrated to him how soft and cozy the backing fleece was. "Gee, I wouldn't mind some of this for a living-room quilt," he said. So I got two of the softest, fluffiest, cuddliest fleeces I could find, in a nice manly lichen green, and made him a living-room blankie. Yayyyy! He likes it. Usually, I wind up giving him clothes or something else he appreciates but doesn't really WANT. If he wants something, he goes out and buys it. And his wants are few and modest anyway. Me, I want truffles on my caviar served in a Dale Chilhully mouth-blown glass art work full of snow from the top of Mt. Everest, while I'm being fanned by unemployed lawyers wearing tigerskins. And that's just the appetizer.

Does anyone else turn off all the lights, pull the drapes agains the heat, and hide out in the dark in front of a fan? It may be why I like hot weather so much. It gives me SUCH a good excuse to be lazy. "If I had teeth of pearl and breath of lillies, I would call it ennui, but as it is, I must admit to feeling lazy." Wasn't that Percy Byshe Shelly? I can get behind the feeling, one hundred percent. Tomorrow and Tuesday, I will be putting in 9 hour days at work, so may not get my blog on. Catch you on Wednesday for sure. Stay cool!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Never cook bacon in the nude is a good lesson. So is Never Bake Anything Wearing a Halter Top. I love the Lush bath bombs with glitter. They're my favorite bath toy.
    Happy Anniversary :)

     
  • At 8:27 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Happy Anniversary. I'm not going to trust myself to say anything else. ;-)

     
  • At 11:12 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Happy anniversary! Do you know, it would not have occurred to me to fry bacon in the nude. It's a good rule, however. As is: a man who helps you celebrate your inner 6-year-old is a man to hang onto.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home