Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Der uber-treehouse


On Saturday we went out to visit MJ and Rick for opening day of the tree house season. This is the third season for this particular treehouse. DH and Rick have been hammering on this construction for weekends uncountable. MJ and I keep reminding the guys, "It's just a treehouse!" But DH feels that if it's worth doing, it's worth doing well, and Rick is an engineer.








The tree house will have two doors, three Pella windows (surplus from when the real house was built) and a front deck. There is an electrical outlet handy and a hose-pipe down next to the tree, so the boys can have electric lights and running water. When construction started, the youngest boy was 10. He'll be too old to play in a tree house before this thing will be finished, but it should make a swell place to take a girlfriend to neck.




So while DH and Rick were playing with power tools and air-compressors, MJ and I scampered around the property taking photos with my digital camera, then had adventures in internet picture printing. We sent the photo file to a local camera shop and two hours later were able to pick up 85 color prints. Like magic! Then we stopped at Joanne's, bought 75 blank cards, and settled down for fold and paste. An hour later we had a year's worth of blank notecards. A successful day all around!

6 Comments:

  • At 7:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, honey, it's NOT just a tree house, it's an adventure!
    Maybe it's a guy thing, but that looks SO awesome. I'll grab my hammer and be right over.

     
  • At 7:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    The kids - no matter how old - would have to fight me for that tree house!!

     
  • At 10:09 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Oh wow! Send me a note!

     
  • At 8:47 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    That is such a fortress of testosterone and hubris...I love it!!! And the note cards--excellent idea! (Do I have time? No. But it's an excellent idea...and someday I will have time.)

     
  • At 5:00 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    That's a great treehouse. On a summer day I'd take a pitcher of punch, my knitting and a book up there and hope the kids never found me.

    Are those trilliums?

     
  • At 10:43 PM , Blogger Flea-Bites said...

    Wish I'd had one of those.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home