Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, August 20, 2017

'clips day 3 report

Due to the influx of thousands of people, the internet connection has gotten s-l-o-w.  If I don't get my stuff posted by 7 am, I may as well forget it.  So here goes!
 Yesterday, Miz E and I rinsed and dried our dye experiments.  Our long-tailed unicorn is now pink!
 Random sprinkles of powdered dye on wet fabric, wrapped in plastic, and left to percolate in the sunshine.  Surprisingly satisfying results.





   The last one was the most labor intensive, requiring two people to spend almost fifteen minutes placing rubber bands.  I like it so much that I might just leave it intact and  create a pieced border around it.





In other news, the sky-divers continue to leap six and seven times a day.  The "Solar Fest" location across the highway is filling rapidly.  You may even see some of the aerial shots of it - a veritable city laid out in the sun and dust.  Folks who live in Madras are saying that the traffic is insane.  My niece who lives in Seattle says, "Traffic?"  It's all a matter of perspective.  I remember when the Redmond city council decided the city needed a traffic light when a herd of sheep knocked over the local wino on his bicycle.  It's all a matter of perspective.  I think of that traffic light, patiently going from green to yellow to red, all alone, for hours on a Sunday afternoon. And a Tuesday mid-day.  And a Wednesday . . .  Traffic problems could, to an extent, be a matter of perception.

Yesterday was Kyle's turn to cook.  NOM!  Toaster waffles with strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast.  Whipped cream in a can can be lots of fun to play with, and the dogs are always happy to help clean up sticky hands and faces.  Lunch was sandwiches and, for four of us, grilled beef bones.  My inner savage relishes a grilled bone, and I wound up greasy from ear to ear.  Then Miz L started sharing her bone with the dogs.  If sitting at her feet and begging was what it took to get more grilled beef,  I have no pride and I outweigh both dogs.



Dinner was roast beef.  I went to bed in something of a meat coma.  Life is GOOD!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:58 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    I love the rubber band fabric-worth the effort! I crave a good steak at least once a week! Even better when someone else is cooking!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home