Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Best twenty years of my life!

 I just love it when friends gather at our place to have a good time!  We celebrated in our backyard from 11 AM till 8pm.  Paul and Maggie , with Greg in the foreground.
               
                 Mary Jean looking too cute in her shorts.

Judy enjoying the peace

Jessica and Jakob from across the street.  
 Jakob was fascinated by the hazelnut shells in our garden.


Lovely Lisa and Katy gracing the buffet.









There is always too much cake.  I sent home great big chunks of cake with people, and we still have this left to take care of.   And a big bowl of pasta salad, and half a bowl of fairly piss-poor sangria I made.  The wine and beer got used up, and I carried around the deviled eggs to make people take the final 3.
"No presents"  I said.  "Your presence is gift enough."  But people brought bouquets!  Oh lord, I LOVE flowers! Thank you,  thank  you!
 The various seating areas worked out splendidly.  People gathered and talked and relaxed and were happy together.
And the grillmaster stuck to his post all day long.  We have left-over hot-dogs, too.  Wanna come and share our left-overs?

My brother, Denny, and his wife came from Redmond.  I felt really honored.  And he complimented my pasta salad!  Squee!

Paul and David came and brought me flowers.  More squees!

In fact, the whole day was filled with squeeful moments.

Now it's time to start cleaning up.  Damn, life is good!!

5 Comments:

  • At 4:52 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    What a fun party. Happy 20!

     
  • At 4:53 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh happy happy 20!

     
  • At 12:12 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I am glad my car held out for me to attend. It was dead by Sunday and Monday had to get a jump to get it to Dodge dealership for work. It died there. They checked it all out, and ended up doing 3 things--replacing the battery as the one Les Schwab sold me had a bad core even tho they denied it, replaced front brakes as they were in desperate need, and fixed my tail pipe, which apparently someone had back up and pushed it up causing lots of rattling (I thought it was junk in the trunk!).
    Hey! I did not see cake! Darn! I enjoyed being a part of such a great celebration. You are both a great example of love!

     
  • At 4:52 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Parties like that remind us that life is to be celebrated and we don't do it nearly enough. It looks like great fun. (leftover cake? I didn't know there was such a thing)

     
  • At 5:42 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    Great way to celebrate the love!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home