Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, June 14, 2014

June teatime




 I've been having some lovely walks lately.  The roses are all in full bloom, and many of these old roses smell so heavenly!

Almost finished with another quilt.  Pepper is helping because everything is better with a kitty.
And, since the second Saturday  of the month is tea time, I thought I would take a few photos of the fun.  I set the table with glass today.  Isn't tho a fun plate?
This setting came together  nicely, too.  Since it's been warm, I made cucumber water (slice a cucumber into a pitcher of water.  surprisingly tasty.) and brought out some of the miscellaneous stemware for it.  I like to give everyone a different glass so everyone can keep track of their own.
We had angel food cake. Light and sweet.
 I made rolled cookies with unsweetened chocolate.  Robust chocolate flavor.  Yum!  And almond cookies with taste delicate and light.  I usually have a godawful time making rolled cookies because I can't get them an even thickness and I work the dough till it's tough as leather.  But this time, Kyle got a couple of dowels for me.  I put the dowels  10 inches apart, put a sheet of waked paper on top of them, dropped a blob of dough on the paper between the dowels, laid another sheet of waxed paper on top, and rolled the rolling pin along the dowels.  Then into the freezer for 20 minutes, peel off the top sheet and use the cookie cutter on the perfectly even, neatly shaped slab of dough.  Use a spatula to lift the cookies off the bottom sheet, and put them on the pan (I use parchment paper on my cookie pans.)  And for extra ease and speed, I used a knife  and cut the cookie dough into squares and rectangles.
 All this to accompany fresh local Hood strawberries.  Bliss!  Bliss!
We were 13 on the 14th.  I want a bigger dining room and a longer table.
I love the music of happy women all talking at once.  These parties bring me so much joy!

7 Comments:

  • At 3:48 PM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    I love all the different glass ware! Glad for the table full of good friends!

     
  • At 4:02 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    You set a beautiful table Roxie.

     
  • At 4:08 PM , Anonymous Janette said...

    Another fabulous gathering Roxie!

     
  • At 6:14 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I miss not being there but have so much going on to ready the house for sale. It looks like all had a good time. Surprised to see Jenny and Susan as thought they were on the road.

     
  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I always want to be there! It looks festive and fun.

     
  • At 11:07 AM , Anonymous benita said...

    I don't know what I like best, the strawberries, the beautiful tableware or all of the smiling faces. You do know how to entertain!

     
  • At 5:37 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I don't see any kitties at the knitting party.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home