Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, September 17, 2010

But wait, there's more

The gardens are a great place for people watching.





Here is an Incessant Talker plugged into her cell phone.

























An Ardent Photographer stretching for just the right angle. (sorry Rose. I couldn't resist.)





















A pair of Venerable Shutterbugs discussing f-stops and light metering.


















The Momma Indian retains her traditional plumage, though the son and husband have assumed western coloration.






















Here are a pair of female Earnest Docents.





Oh look, - a pair of Appreciators! Notice how the male is larger, but more drab than the female?




















































A rare sighting of Volunteer Raker.









And here's a cheerful Eccentric Sweater Wearer. Notice that the sweater pattern is is not symmetrical? This friendly fellow was happy to pose for us and chattered complacently about his fine plumage.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:07 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Awww, Rose is so cute.

     
  • At 10:30 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Did the sweater knitter knit it himself?

     
  • At 11:02 AM , Blogger Maggie said...

    You crack me up! You should record their native song and put it in an audible link!

     
  • At 2:50 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Thank you so much for this short introduction to native Oregonian species and various cross Pacific migratory birds as well.

     
  • At 6:13 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    *twitches at the sweater*

    I would have to go after that with a dark laundry marker or something.

    Verification word: dracones

    (I did not spot any dragons in this post, although I did have to look closely at the creature in the docent photo.)

     
  • At 7:51 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Hey, I do not look too bad in that photo! Just far enough away! LOL
    That gentleman was very proud of his sweater!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home