Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, January 22, 2010

Yellow!!!

A primrose is blooming in the back yard! Wahoo! Signs of spring already! Whoop, whoop! YeeHAW!


While I was out photograping the primrose, the neighbor's cat came over to see what was going on. She didn't want to be friendly, just to see what I was up to. She's a blue-eyed fluffy beauty, and, like cheap toilet paper, she takes shit off of no one.


Last night, I heard the same neighbor's pitbull going "Grrrr, grrrrrrr, bark bark bark,bark, kaiiiii, kaiiii, kaiiiiieeeee!" Then the neighbor was outside going, "Shit! Shit! You stupid bastard! Get over here! Gahhhhh!" And sounds of the whining dog being dragged away by the continually cursing neighbor.

This morning, the entire neighborhood is redolent of skunk. And that's the rest of the story.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:58 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    skunks certainly make their presence known, don't they? no buds here. just 8 more weeks of winter.

     
  • At 10:22 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I don't know who I feel more sorry for - the dog or the owner. Yeech!!!

     
  • At 10:53 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    You are so funny today! Love the toilet paper line.

    Our sarcococca by the door is blooming. Tiny white flowers that smell heavenly. I planted it three years ago, and each January it's bloomed, but the fragrance was so faint you had to stick your nose in it to smell it. Now it wafts up to the doorway to catch you by pleasant surprise when you go in or out.

    For those of you not familiar with it: http://www.findmeplants.co.uk/plant-sarcococca-hookeriana-0249.aspx

     
  • At 11:58 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    No flowers yet, but I'm hoping.

     
  • At 3:05 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    I had sarcococca planted at my old Santa Cruz mountains house, it is so lovely.

    Our neighbor sort of has a big fluffy white cat like that (or maybe the cat has him, hard to tell) but his is a mean boy who gets in lots of fights. We usually call him Frosty or the Abominable Snowcat.

     
  • At 9:32 PM , Anonymous Barb said...

    What a good spotter you are. I'll have to search around my yard, now.

    Am I imagining that the dog's owner and the skunk belong together...and the dog is just the transporter?

    Great story. All I've got in my backyard is hoodlum crows, waiting to mug the sparrow's handouts.

     
  • At 11:47 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    A story that's only funny when it's being told to someone else, and not when you're living through it!!!

     
  • At 10:45 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    Ewww - skunk! Cat's too smart to get tangled up with a skunk

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home