Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Back to Weight watchers.

None of my clothes fit, my feet hurt, and my blood pressure is up. I gotta loose some weight. So you are duly warned, I'll be obsessing about food for a few months. The Weight Watchers program really does work, but you have to PAY ATTENTION to what you eat. No more just grabbing a chunk of cheese on the run or licking the chicken fat out of the grill pan. While I was doing my cleansing fast, which I haven't done for years, I was astounded at how unconscious my eating has become and by how many things trigger the omnivorous jaw into motion. "It's -time- to eat." "I need to put something into my mouth when I get into the car." "I need something in my mouth as soon as I get home from work." "I need a little something sweet after dinner." Hunger doesn't really play into it much at all. And OMG, the TV ads! You'd think they were DESIGNED to make you want to eat!

DH can just cut back on his portions and in two weeks he's dropped 10 pounds. And he likes stuff that tastes good. Being the dear, loving, generous man that he is, he wants to share the things that taste good with me. So, with love and kindness, he winds up sabatoging my weight loss, and I end up fighting both my inner greed and his lovingly intended booby traps.

I'm a person who wants a mouth FULL of the flavor. If I put jam on my toast, I don't want a light brush of sweetness. I want to BITE the strawberries and enjoy the contrast between crispy toast and the thick layer of jelly. Or I'd rather do without toast altogether. I may decide to re-set this all-or nothing appetite, but right now, I have it all tied up with gusto and living large.

So, apologies in advance. I hope to drop ten pounds by the time we leave for Australia. That's not much on a cow, but it's ten pounds less I'll have to drag up and over the Sydney bridge.

By the way, international postage being what it is, is there anything you would like me to carry to Australia for you?

And thank you, thank you for all your kindnesses and support. You are awesome, generous friends and the world is a better place because you're here!

9 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    I know you'll once more figure out how to enjoy your food and stay within your points. Here's to that 10 lb. goal!

    I'm still plugging along on Weight Watchers but it is very slow since I'm not good about the exercise.

     
  • At 4:12 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Men are evil. I want to loose weight... Think I'll stop eating donuts for a day.

    I'll be right there with you Aunt Roxie. Wish us luck.

     
  • At 5:13 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Australia! I did not know you were going there?? Cool!!
    I am planning to start using the gym at CCC. It is free for employees and open until 8 pm (I was told 8 to 8) Monday through Thursday and 6-5 on Fridays.
    I am gonna start with a couple days a week.
    I hope it helps me.
    Tho my dr. says I need to eat more to lose weight!! LOL

     
  • At 7:19 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I am still trying to figure out how to drop the 10 lbs I accidently found hanging around my waist and hips...

     
  • At 11:04 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    I'm going to try High Intensity Interval Training. Watch this video where this guy explains it. Seems pretty simple. http://www.hiitsource.com/

     
  • At 2:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i've been doing WW pretty much solidly since July. I've tried not to over do it, tried to still enjoy things and take one day off a week to really let myself eat without fully calculating stuff. Seems to have helped so far.

    Can't believe you're really coming here soon!

     
  • At 6:39 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    A new health club opened that is on our way to work. We are going to fit memberships into the budget and join. I like to eat and although I've cut way back on what I eat, weight just doesn't drop off a person with thyroid disease easily (especially when she's 52). I HATE to exercise but I want to live a long time more so I'll do it.

     
  • At 10:48 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh, baby--you inspire me. (Although I wish you would have inspired me before that last cookie!)

    Mate and I are gong to start a fitness program, but I need to eat my five veggies or things are gonna go south down south in a hurry.

     
  • At 3:19 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I know how you feel - it just doesn't feel right without something sweet after a meal.

    Good luck!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home